R68/R68A Question

Luis1985

i still ride R68/R68A's on the (D)(Q), and sometimes (N)(W), and more often now on the (B) and Franklin Av (S).

If R160A/B trains are filling up the entire (J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W)(Z) lines, where will the R68/R68A's go besides the (B)? theres a rumor that they're thinking about placing them on the (G) when the extension to Church Av occurs.

when are the (D) trains getting new subway cars? are they going to be using R68A's too, along with their regularly assigned R68's?

I heard the (D) will remain with its regular fleet of Concourse R68s for a while. As for the rest of the Coney Island R68/R68A's, Im certain the entire (B) will be filled up once all R40 SLants & Modifieds are gone, and the rest might go to the (A)(C):mad:. They should keep a few sets on the (Q) permanantly...

i dont know about 68s on the A. it runs on the old fulton el along liberty ave in ozone park. the el shakes when 44s run on them. the 68s are about 92,000 lbs. the heaviest in the fleet.

ya but still by the 179s r44s are gone, or possiable stick around a lil long, unless the 179s go on (A) then im much satisfied!

the 179s are supposed to be introduced on the queens blvd lines. i assume the 46's that they will replace will shift to the A. maybe even by then we'll see 160s on the A. we all want to see curtain cars on certain lines for whatever reason. but with the MTA, things almost never go how we want it.

Archived