Anyone ever switched from B/O to C/R? did you regret this move?

tprashad0719

In My Honest Opinion, to give you a straightforward answer, the chances of having someone do this are very slim to none. For NYC Transit, Bus Operator is an open-competitive examination, and the only way to get promoted to conductor is from a cleaner position. In addition, for both of these titles, you can go for a promotion to Train Operator, but not from B/O to C/R or vice versa without taking the open-competitive civil service tests.

Sorry...

Was as if the last few C/R exams TA has went to the old way of combining the exam to cover both titles. They were offering folks B/O jobs in lieu of being called for C/R. Not taking the B/O job didn't effect you eligibility to be called for C/R. But I don't know if you took the B/O job did they remove you from the C/R list. But I don't see many B/O's going to C/R, especially when it would be about a $2 paycut. Most take the promo exam to T/O.

Station Supervisor Level I

im still waiting for a call back for C/R, took 2 medicals but as I heard and read that the list will die out and we wont be called, I don't know how mta does things like this but I wont let that ruin anything..i see they have a  lot of exams for the year of 2017 which I am planning on taking...B/O  is one of them

justed wanted to see if there are current C/R as we speak who was once a MTA bus operator ..regretted going to CR

just wondering how many of you who started as a B/O and then went into C/R regret making this move?

Because of the pay cut I've yet to see anyone do this, it's totally possible though and I'm sure there's gotta be at least 1 person that's done it. They would have to take an open competitive exam though as B/O's cannot promote to CR's. There are however, several T/O's that were once B/O's and don't regret it. You can look at it this way, as a B/O, in certain ways not only are you a C/R (dealing with crowds, opening doors) but you are also the sole operator. On a train you are only one or the other.

Archived