uniforms for school car

dwashpon

I start on june 19th just looking for the big and tall dickies I guess with a couple of light blue shirts to hold me over until I get measured

Where ever is cheapest for you. Don't spend too much money on thy. You'll be measured for your uniform before your first week ends. As of this writing uniform store is back logged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I start on june 19th just looking for the big and tall dickies I guess with a couple of light blue shirts to hold me over until I get measured

Well you'll be wearing what you buy after you get measured. It takes a few weeks for your uniform to arrive by mail. I recommend that when you get your uniform to try it on and make sure it fits. You'll then have the opportunity to send it back if its the wrong size. Try one everything. Once you finish school car its expected that you have the proper uniform for when you're on the road.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Well you'll be wearing what you buy after you get measured. It takes a few weeks for your uniform to arrive by mail. I recommend that when you get your uniform to try it on and make sure it fits. You'll then have the opportunity to send it back if its the wrong size. Try one everything. Once you finish school car its expected that you have the proper uniform for when you're on the road.

okay thanks Far Rock Depot

I've been looking around too. Model's I believe sells big and tall dickies pants. I would also try Kmart for dark blue khakis and collar shirts. My only concern is a bag. The letter said no book bags and none on wheels.

I've been looking around too. Model's I believe sells big and tall dickies pants. I would also try Kmart for dark blue khakis and collar shirts. My only concern is a bag. The letter said no book bags and none on wheels.

No book bags? Thats new. When I was in school car in 2014, all of us had book bags. Once I was on the road I switched to a smaller lumbar bag.

No book bags? Thats new. When I was in school car in 2014, all of us had book bags. Once I was on the road I switched to a smaller lumbar bag.

yeah. It was on the green paper the interview guy gave me.

yeah. It was on the green paper the interview guy gave me.

right the letter said no backpacks or bags on wheels also i was told the rule book they give you is to stay at home,so iam just going to follow the instructions i was given until i am told different, i hear we will receive a few more books a mask and we have to carry it everyday

right the letter said no backpacks or bags on wheels also i was told the rule book they give you is to stay at home,so iam just going to follow the instructions i was given until i am told different, i hear we will receive a few more books a mask and we have to carry it everyday

i was told to to bring the rule book and to carry it at all times starting June 19.

So what kind of bag exactly do they suggest you use?

I don't know. I was hoping someone would chime in l. I've seen same transit workers walk with a medium size tool bag.

i was told to to bring the rule book and to carry it at all times starting June 19.

I don't know. I was hoping someone would chime in l. I've seen same transit workers walk with a medium size tool bag.

My TSS told me as long as it has removable straps they're fine with it. I see a lot of my fellow schoolcar students using tool kit bags with a lot of pockets. Tho be careful they'll issue you a lot of books on top of your rules and reg.

Seems someone got dragged to death or in serious condition because their book bag straps got caught on a passing train. Not too sure about the specifics. But since then they've wanted no book bags. Their isn't anyone strictly enforcing them (at least for now) but you will be told about it if noticed especially since your first week will be @ 248.

I'm unsure about the tools you'll be issued but you will be given a lot of books to carry.

What I remember from three years ago, we were told that our rule book was to be with us all times even after school car. As for book bags we were instructed never to wear them while on tracks. We were told to carry them by hand.

tedevon2012 what kind of bag are you going to use i seen somewhere on the forum conductors were using this bag called oxa you can order on amazon 39.99 but after being told no book bags i don't know what to do.

tedevon2012 what kind of bag are you going to use i seen somewhere on the forum conductors were using this bag called oxa you can order on amazon 39.99 but after being told no book bags i don't know what to do.

same here. I was told about that bag but, I'm lost now. I might as well just bring one of those craftsman tool bag and see from there l.

Guys don't stress too much about this. Go to your local hardware store and buy a tool bag with shoulder strap. Or your typical gym bag. The small ones. Around 15 inches or less in size. You'll be fine. How it's explained to me is you should be able to remove any straps on the bag and still be able to carry it just fine. That exactly what those types do.

Also don't look at other Conductors or Train Ops. They are not in schoolcar so they don't have to bring their rules and regs, induction book, bulletins, etc and tools. YOU do. They probably also have lockers or on a first name basis with TSS, dispatchers, etc.

Guys don't stress too much about this. Go to your local hardware store and buy a tool bag with shoulder strap. Or your typical gym bag. The small ones. Around 15 inches or less in size. You'll be fine. How it's explained to me is you should be able to remove any straps on the bag and still be able to carry it just fine. That exactly what those types do.

Also don't look at other Conductors or Train Ops. They are not in schoolcar so they don't have to bring their rules and regs, induction book, bulletins, etc and tools. YOU do. They probably also have lockers or on a first name basis with TSS, dispatchers, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-STST70574-12-Inch-Soft-Sided/dp/B00775COIW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497118061&sr=8-3&keywords=tool+bagthis seems perfect. 

oh thanks wish i had of checked kmart went to amazon and ordered the dickies short sleeve only had grey in my size so i got two thinking about returning one and get the light blue from kmart thanks tdevon2012

Archived