NJT Cross-Honoring Question

Via Garibaldi 8

Gotta say the zoned fares on NJT are extremely annoying, especially on short local routes, I rather have one zone higher fare than two zones. But NJT are usually professional and they move their bus... fast compared to MTA. OTP, it's a hit or miss, depends on the routes. NJT contracted route, no problem other than its not uniform headways. Oh I forgot to mention, THEY EXPECT YOU TO CARRY NICKELS AND DIMES, with fares such as 1.60, 2.55 or .95

Gotta say the zoned fares on NJT are extremely annoying, especially on short local routes, I rather have one zone higher fare than two zones. But NJT are usually professional and they move their bus... fast compared to MTA. OTP, it's a hit or miss, depends on the routes. NJT contracted route, no problem other than its not uniform headways. Oh I forgot to mention, THEY EXPECT YOU TO CARRY NICKELS AND DIMES, with fares such as 1.60, 2.55 or .95

That's why most people just use the app, myself included. The (MTA) needs that.  I'm not sure why they only have it on Metro-North and the LIRR.  

One would think, as I did when I first started commuting to jersey. But when I travel on it, its just a lot of steady moving traffic in both directions. Most of the breakdowns of buses happen off the bridge. And the scheduled headways are atrocious. An average hour between buses. I usually have 12:55 178 or the 1:00 186. If I miss both, the next are 1:55 and 2:00 respectively. Saturdays are easier with the 186 leaving at the top of the hour and the 178 leaving on the :20's.

For me personally, I swear by the jitneys, at least as far as frequency is concerned. If I were in a situation where I missed a bus and had to wait almost an hour for the next one, I would just jump on one of those if I were in a hurry (or at least try to get a #171/175 out there) and walk or take another bus from there.

The annoying thing about the GWB Terminal is now it has that annoying layout where the buses have to back out, as opposed to just lining up and pulling out like they used to.

That's why most people just use the app, myself included. The (MTA) needs that.  I'm not sure why they only have it on Metro-North and the LIRR.  

Most people....nah, I still see a lot of flashing paper passes and putting in coins, especially on the intra-NJ lines.

Likely due to the GWB too...

The #756 doesn't go over the GWB. 

One would think, as I did when I first started commuting to jersey. But when I travel on it, its just a lot of steady moving traffic in both directions. Most of the breakdowns of buses happen off the bridge. And the scheduled headways are atrocious. An average hour between buses. I usually have 12:55 178 or the 1:00 186. If I miss both, the next are 1:55 and 2:00 respectively. Saturdays are easier with the 186 leaving at the top of the hour and the 178 leaving on the :20's.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

1. Most people....nah, I still see a lot of flashing paper passes and putting in coins, especially on the intra-NJ lines.

2. The #756 doesn't go over the GWB. 

1. Everyone at the Port Authority flashed their cell phone going and when I came back to NY, so it depends on the route. Given my location (Weehawken) it wasn't that shocking. 

2. I think you need to read what he said.  He's talking about the GWB.  

Archived