Double list numbers?

Eturnulrs704

Hey guys,  here's the scenario. I took both the 7300 and part time 7304 boss exam..  On the 7304 which I took first I received a list number in the low 1400 range.  Got my letter saying (my name)  congrats on completing the exam yada yada yada. Then a few weeks later I recieved another letter on exam 7300 saying dear candidate we received your application for mta bus Co. Exam 7300. Since you have successfully completed the BOSS for mta part time #7304 within the last year,you do not need to retake the survey for exam 7300. Your name will be added to list when established with the list number above, (which is over 4800). After established they will call me in list number order. MY question is,  is this right?  Why did my number go from 1400 to 4800? And why are they using the high number with my name on a boss I haven't even taken yet,  Vs.  The lower number I got on the boss I actually took.?  Is there some reason for this.  Or do you guys think this is a mistake. This happened to any one. Thanks in advance.

That sounds correct...as far as going from 1400 to 4800, keep in mind that these numbers were picked at random. Therefore, we have no control over that.

However, if you applied and took B/O exam 7612, which is a civil service exam, those numbers go by how well you did on the multiple-choice exam which was administered this weekend and maybe the next 2 weekends - the higher the score, the lower the list number, and the lower the score, providing you passed with a 70% or higher, the higher the list number.

I know it sucks, but sometimes that's how life works...sorry...

30 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

That sounds correct...as far as going from 1400 to 4800, keep in mind that these numbers were picked at random. Therefore, we have no control over that.

However, if you applied and took B/O exam 7612, which is a civil service exam, those numbers go by how well you did on the multiple-choice exam which was administered this weekend and maybe the next 2 weekends - the higher the score, the lower the list number, and the lower the score, providing you passed with a 70% or higher, the higher the list number.

I know it sucks, but sometimes that's how life works...sorry...

Yeah it does suck.  I mean it's basically telling me I wasted my time on not 1 but both exams SMH..  I may as well not even applied for 7300.  And yeah I did go in for 7612. Sat for it today actually.. Damn test made my head hurt,  lol. 

Your list # for 7300 is completely separate from your # for 7304. You will still be considered for both the part time and full time positions; the letter is just saying that you don't have to take the BOSS exam again. You will get the same exact letter later on for exam 7612. 

9 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

You will get the same exact letter later on for exam 7612. 

And I will probably get this letter too, since , according to the letter, the results from the BOSS test are valid for one [1] calendar year.

17 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Your list # for 7300 is completely separate from your # for 7304. You will still be considered for both the part time and full time positions; the letter is just saying that you don't have to take the BOSS exam again. You will get the same exact letter later on for exam 7612. 

No,  it's saying basically that they are merging both into one number, which is the higher number.  Basically knocking me back even more than before. 

17 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

How will I get the same letter for 7612 it's civil service.. Not BOSS. Correct? 

38 minutes ago, Eturnulrs704 said:

No,  it's saying basically that they are merging both into one number, which is the higher number.  Basically knocking me back even more than before. 

I got both letters as well, and I disagree with what you said, however that's just my opinion...

37 minutes ago, Eturnulrs704 said:

How will I get the same letter for 7612 it's civil service.. Not BOSS. Correct? 

I took B/O Exam 2613 & B/O Exam 4600 before taking this one. In order to successfully get on the list for either of those, you had to take a civil service exam, which some of us did this weekend, since some of us will be taking it next weekend (and maybe the weekend after), and the BOSS exam as well. However, since the results from the BOSS exam are good for one [1] calendar year from the day you took it, it doesn't make sense to take the same exam twice or three times, since NYC Transit has to pay rent to a school, mail out a second set of admission letters, run off copies of all the test materials, etc. Got it?

Keep in mind that B/O exam 7612 is a civil service position, with a NYCERS pension, that's why there are two exams. The other exams - 7300 & 7304, are not civil service positions in which they will not get a NYCERS pension.

Archived