Staten Island Railway trackworker

bimmer4me

28 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

I spotted a recent job positing for track worker  for the Staten Island Railway. I applied and was wondering if anyone was currently on the job, or knows anything about this position. Thanks

All I know is that this is not civil service, unlike Track Worker for NYC Transit.

Just now, +Young+ said:

All I know is that this is not civil service, unlike Track Worker for NYC Transit.

Thanks for the response. Yes I am aware. I took a look at  old exam notices and spotted even they are not civic service. I like the idea of the job because if I get hired by nyct on that track worker exam I would have some experience by then. I doubt it would really make a considerable difference but you never know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/28/2018 at 10:46 PM, bimmer4me said:

SO small update on my application. If I look at its "status" it tells me that I passed the pre screening. I wonder what that means?

Just wondering if you have heard anything further since passing the pre screening. Not much info on here as to exactly how the SIR hiring process works.

18 hours ago, JCF85 said:

Just wondering if you have heard anything further since passing the pre screening. Not much info on here as to exactly how the SIR hiring process works.

I have heard nothing since. I have read on here that  it takes months so if anything new comes up I will update.

Edited by bimmer4me

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 11:21 PM, Felcel said:

Is working for the staten island track worth it? Anyone knows how much they get paid? Are the benefits good? What are the cons and pros?

Looks like they get paid $22.60 and a little over $29 an hour after 4 years. I think they have the same benefits as the MTA but I may be wrong. 

On 1/16/2018 at 5:51 PM, bimmer4me said:

I spotted a recent job positing for track worker  for the Staten Island Railway. I applied and was wondering if anyone was currently on the job, or knows anything about this position. Thanks

Did you get a call? They called me the other day to come in for an interview. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if I should give them a call and see if they're still considering me for employment. Maybe that will let them know I really want the job. I saw on my application status on the MTA website that I passed the screening results and pre-screening results.

2 hours ago, FrankRizzo said:

I wonder if I should give them a call and see if they're still considering me for employment. Maybe that will let them know I really want the job. I saw on my application status on the MTA website that I passed the screening results and pre-screening results.

Mine says passed also so I believe u should be hearing from them, I hope you do we all deserve this opportunity 

1 hour ago, Mikemike1120 said:

Mine says passed also so I believe u should be hearing from them, I hope you do we all deserve this opportunity 

Thanks dude, yeah it would be a life changing experience for sure. Been trying for a long time to get into the MTA. Best of luck with the career! Keep us posted on how it goes. 

• 2 weeks later...