Metro-North Quiet Car Amenities Expands to Weekday Off-Peak

Lance

Shhhh! Quiet Cars on All Weekday Trains

Effective June 20, 2018, Two Quiet Cars® remain available on every PEAK weekday train thanks to the "Quiet CALMmute" program.

• On all inbound peak trains, the last two cars are designated Quiet Cars®.
• On all outbound peak trains, the first two cars are designated Quiet Cars®.

All OFF-PEAK weekday Metro-North trains will now have One Quiet Car® to better accommodate customers during this period.

• On all inbound off-peak weekday trains, the last car is the Quiet Car®.
• On all outbound off-peak weekday trains, the first car is the Quiet Car®.

Read more: Source

Let's see if they enforce this on trains operating when the Yankees are in town.

Thank God. I've been requesting that they add it on weekends too and they've stated that they welcome the feedback and will consider it.  We get all of these obnoxious types from Westchester traveling in packs on the semi-express trains and they can't shut up.  It doesn't matter what car you go to.  There's no relief.  I love getting a quiet car during the week and having the conductor come along and remove people from the cars if they are being noisy.

On 6/20/2018 at 2:54 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Thank God. I've been requesting that they add it on weekends too and they've stated that they welcome the feedback and will consider it.  We get all of these obnoxious types from Westchester traveling in packs on the semi-express trains and they can't shut up.  It doesn't matter what car you go to.  There's no relief.  I love getting a quiet car during the week and having the conductor come along and remove people from the cars if they are being noisy.

Don't get your hopes up.  This a revision from the previous two quiet cars advertised on all weekday trains.  There are still no quiet cars on the weekends.  

That old two quiet car rule was quite awkward IMO on any train with less than 6 cars in service.

I think one quiet car is a happy medium for off-peak travelers because not all of them are traditional commuters and don't know any better, yet the regular commuter can still go into their quiet car if they need to/want to.

Archived