Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Via Garibaldi 8

2017 Bus Ridership Stats

Recommended Posts

On 7/13/2018 at 9:07 PM, Q43LTD said:

I like the how the Brewer local (Q111) outranked the Brewer LTD's (Q113/114). Anyway:

Bronx

Bx12

Bx1/2

Bx36

Bx19

Bx9

Bx15

Bx6

Bx40/42

Bx41

Bx35

Brooklyn

B46

B6

B44

B35

B82

B41

B15

B1

B8

B38

Manhattan

M15

M14

M101

M86

M100

M60

M34

M4

M96

M23

Queens

Q58

Q44

Q27

Q46

Q17

Q20

Q43

Q85

Q54

Q5

Staten Island

S79

S53

S48/98

S46/96

S44/94

S78

S74/84

S40/90

S61/91

S62/92

Express (NYCT)

X17

X1

X27/37

X10

X28/38

X22

X12/42

X5

X7

X2

MTA Bus

Q10

Q52/53

Q65

Q25

Q23

Q60

B103

Q66

Q111

Q6

MTA Bus Express

BxM7

BxM9

QM5/35

QM2/32

BxM8

BxM10

QM15

BxM1

QM24/34

BM1

I'm only gonna say this once. Do NOT ask me why I didn't combine the NYCT figures with the MTA Bus figures. The website has them on separate pages and it is very difficult for me to combine them. Hopefully when the merger comes through, they'll be combined
 

 

 

 

 

Your stats are bit inaccurate.  For example:

MTA Bus Express

1. BxM7

2. BxM9

3. QM5/35

4. QM2/32

5. BxM8 BxM10

6. BxM8

7. QM15  BxM1

8. QM15

9. QM24/34 BxM11

10. BM1 QM24/34

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Your stats are bit inaccurate.  For example:

MTA Bus Express

1. BxM7

2. BxM9

3. QM5/35

4. QM2/32

5. BxM8 BxM10

6. BxM8

7. QM15  BxM1

8. QM15

9. QM24/34 BxM11

10. BM1 QM24/34

 

 

They're from the site itself, not my stats. Don't shoot the messenger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Q43LTD said:

They're from the site itself, not my stats. Don't shoot the messenger

I'm not. I'm just saying you don't have them in the correct order. I went by the website and made the changes that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I'm not. I'm just saying you don't have them in the correct order. I went by the website and made the changes that way.

I believe they are in the correct order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yes, now they are... :D

Well, it's not like I fudge stats like a certain company...

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to B35 making me relearn Excel lol, here's the combined express bus stats:

X17

X1

X27/37

X10

X28/38

BxM7

X22

X12/42

BxM9

X5

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honest question, where does the B1 get most of its ridership from? I know it's popular in the summer because it connects the subway to Manhattan Beach, but beachgoers don't usually make for high overall ridership (example: Rockaway subway stations).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, P3F said:

Honest question, where does the B1 get most of its ridership from? I know it's popular in the summer because it connects the subway to Manhattan Beach, but beachgoers don't usually make for high overall ridership (example: Rockaway subway stations).

The B1 remains crowded throughout the route. Look at the route and how many subway lines it passes by besides the Brighton Beach station. It essentially provides crosstown service for Southern Brooklyn which is a long commercial strip.  It ends in Bay Ridge... Century 21 right there, TONS of stores along 4th Avenue, so there's always an emptying of the route and refilling of it from Bay Ridge to Manhattan Beach.  

Some ridership generators:

-Kingsborough Community College

-Beaches - Brighton Beach and Manhattan Beach

-Coney Island Hospital

-Shopping along 86th street, Brighton Beach Avenue, 4th Avenue, etc.

-Restaurants

-Parks

-Transferring from the subway to areas without subways or lack of subways such as Manhattan Beach, Dyker Heights and Bath Beach. 

That line needs SBS because it crawls along 86th street.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The B1 remains crowded throughout the route. Look at the route and how many subway lines it passes by besides the Brighton Beach station. It essentially provides crosstown service for Southern Brooklyn which is a long commercial strip.  It ends in Bay Ridge... Century 21 right there, TONS of stores along 4th Avenue, so there's always an emptying of the route and refilling of it from Bay Ridge to Manhattan Beach.  

Some ridership generators:

-Kingsborough Community College

-Beaches - Brighton Beach and Manhattan Beach

-Coney Island Hospital

-Shopping along 86th street, Brighton Beach Avenue, 4th Avenue, etc.

-Restaurants

-Parks

-Transferring from the subway to areas without subways or lack of subways such as Manhattan Beach, Dyker Heights and Bath Beach. 

That line needs SBS because it crawls along 86th street.

I don’t know how SBS would benefit on the B1. Don’t get me wrong the B1 should of been a candidate for Limited years ago when the B6 became limited. Slapping SBS on the B1 isn’t the solution. Increased headways and limited B1 service could be beneficial first before the SBS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Future ENY OP said:

I don’t know how SBS would benefit on the B1. Don’t get me wrong the B1 should of been a candidate for Limited years ago when the B6 became limited. Slapping SBS on the B1 isn’t the solution. Increased headways and limited B1 service could be beneficial first before the SBS. 

There's wayyy too much time spent at each bus stop with people boarding and having to dip.  Then you factor in how many subway lines it runs under or near and the route just drags.  Lots of people transferring either from other bus lines or subway lines throughout. You could speed up the boarding times substantially by having people enter via all doors and pay beforehand.  I would also eliminate some stops as well. I don't think LTD service would be effective because you still have all of these people dipping at each and every stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.