Express Bus Advocacy Group

Via Garibaldi 8

On 3/26/2024 at 9:46 AM, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Empty buses is a great way for them to lose work due to service cuts.

I'm sure they figure they will just pick a different line. Given the crazy high absenteeism level, there is more than enough work to go around to just barely fill service, even if they made cuts.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I'm sure they figure they will just pick a different line. Given the crazy high absenteeism level, there is more than enough work to go around to just barely fill service, even if they made cuts.

Now the majority of bus operators at MTA Bus are from what's called the consolidated list which are operators hired after June 6, 2009. If they cut CP express service, if they want to work express that bad they can always pick into EC or YO the next year. I'll make a point of saying there's no more people hired from Queens or Steinway Transit driving anymore and only about 65 or so Queens Surface operators still driving at CP out of about 560 operators. 

Edited by Robert Spire

8 hours ago, Robert Spire said:

Now the majority of bus operators at MTA Bus are from what's called the consolidated list which are operators hired after June 6, 2009. If they cut CP express service, if they want to work express that bad they can always pick into EC or YO the next year. I'll make a point of saying there's no more people hired from Queens or Steinway Transit driving anymore and only about 65 or so Queens Surface operators still driving at CP out of about 560 operators. 

That is very interesting information! Yeah, I can think of only 1 or 2 old timers I still see driving regularly on my routes. Even the guys I used to see who got hired around 2009 have mostly disappeared. I see a few on occasion, but I see so many new faces regularly, which suggests lots and lots of turnover on these picks.