Rear Door boarding ?

Amtrak41

3 hours ago, Amtrak41 said:

I am headed to Suffolk County for a weekend in late July . I assume it is all rear door boarding, therefore free. How much longer does anyone think that will last ? 

Haha, whoa whoa whoa, you're encouraged to prepay through their FastFare app but I don't think anyone is enforcing it. Also, who knows how long it'll last but you should probably check here before you set off for your trip: https://www.sct-bus.org/

The fare is pretty cheap but comparing to the amount of service they provide, I do feel ripped off. 

22 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

Haha, whoa whoa whoa, you're encouraged to prepay through their FastFare app but I don't think anyone is enforcing it. Also, who knows how long it'll last but you should probably check here before you set off for your trip: https://www.sct-bus.org/

The fare is pretty cheap but comparing to the amount of service they provide, I do feel ripped off. 

Long Island is on the fast track to be reopen under Phase II this Wednesday. Suffolk and Nassau base their service hours on the local businesses around the greater Long Island region. Suffolk has been working on linking SUNY Farmingdale with Bablyon Railroad via Route 109 and BRT linking Amityville, Republic Airport, SUNY Farmingdale on 110 and Nichols Road linking Stony Brook with the railroad stations. Suffolk is more good at collecting fare payments since they don't rely on Metrocards while Nassau is more reliant on the MTA for buses, Metrocards, and pretty much getting into the city. In short, Suffolk's self governing nature prevents them from falling apart like their neighbor west of Route 110.

There is no way this tourist is going to download Fast Fare app to be a model citizen . For one thing, the bus tracking sucks, which I have on my phone. Some of the buses don't appear. Even when the bus does, the next stop or two down the line says "No Prediction" or something like that. So you usually have no notice when the bus will show up and the Fare app only makes the fare active for 15 minutes.  

Which Phase number permits front door boarding ? 

16 hours ago, Amtrak41 said:

There is no way this tourist is going to download Fast Fare app to be a model citizen . For one thing, the bus tracking sucks, which I have on my phone. Some of the buses don't appear. Even when the bus does, the next stop or two down the line says "No Prediction" or something like that. So you usually have no notice when the bus will show up and the Fare app only makes the fare active for 15 minutes.  

Suffolk relies heavily on making connections at transfer points across the county with the app being reserved for tracking when the next bus will be available. Long Island tends to be arrive 5 minutes before the bus arrives at the stop and turn it own before then and show it to the farebox.

On 6/7/2020 at 1:21 PM, Amtrak41 said:

I agree. Speaking off that, how essential New Jersey Transit riders are paying since they can't access farebox due to rear door boarding when they're not bus terminals, train/lightrail stations since because tourists will not download MyNJTTix or MTAEtix just to pay cashless for NJT/MTA LIRR/MNRR.

Edited by FamousNYLover