Raritan Valley Line at Hoboken

Harry

• 3 months later...

Like Jersey EMT said....weekdays all trains originate in/out of NWK Penn...and on weekends every other train goes to Hoboken

Im guessing the reason why they don't go there on weekdays is because the slots are takin up by the trains to/from Bay Head....I personally would like to see more use of the waterfront connector...it was electrified a few years back and you almost never see any electric trains using it...unless its an equipment move

The current Waterfront Connection is low-speed; not sure if it's signaled or what.

This map shows where the westbound Waterfront Connection track would have been, if built.

What with the current Waterfront Connection track being electrified, this would have been a perfect time to try the Hoboken-Trenton express trains, but this time with ALP44s/46s hauling the trains instead of diesels...

Some :nec: Trenton-Hoboken service would be nice for those who work in Downtown Manhattan or Jersey City

I remember there were a few :nec: Trenton trains that originated in Newark...most of them were discontinued after 9/11....with the last one being discontinued in '03 if i recall correctly

Archived