Amtrak Airo

GojiMet86

https://media.amtrak.com/introducing-amtrak-airo/

INTRODUCING AMTRAK AIRO

Offering a more sustainable way to travel and featuring a modern design with world-class amenities, Amtrak Airo will transform the travel experience. The new trains will elevate the journey with a focus on comfort and efficiency, providing even more advantages to traveling by rail.

The new trains will start debuting in 2026 and operate on routes throughout the country.Routes include the:

Amtrak Northeast Regional, Empire Service, Virginia Services, Keystone Service, Downeaster, Cascades, Maple Leaf, New Haven/Springfield Service, Palmetto, Carolinian, Pennsylvanian, Vermonter, Ethan Allen Express and Adirondack.

THIS is the future of Amtrak.

Key Features

• Elevated Experience: With its modern, spacious interior and panoramic windows, customers have an improved view of the best sights in the country while connecting to the passing landscape.
  • A Greener Impact: The new trains are more fuel efficient and produce 90% less particulate emissions in diesel operations.
  • Reduced Travel Times: The new trains will operate at speeds up to 125 mph and offer near seamless transition between power sources where time-consuming locomotive changes were previously required.
  • Redesigned Café Car: More contemporary food service provides self-service options.
  • Wayfinding: Signage creates a cleaner, more evident and accessible way to identify and differentiate cabins – both on the exterior and interior through a color-coded system.
  • Spacious Seating:Each spacious seat prioritizes ergonomics, offers enhanced comfort with plenty of legroom, bigger and sturdier tray tables, moveable headrests and a dedicated cup and seatback tablet-holder.
  • Business Class: Choice of double and single seats offer customers greater flexibility.
  • Amenities: Features enhanced lighting, improved technology with digital customer information systems and touchless restroom controls, dedicated individual outlets, USB ports and onboard Wi-Fi.

220929_TRICON_AmtrakICT_Exterior_NEC_UPD

220929_Amtrak_ICT_Lake_UPDATE.jpg

220929_TRICON_AmtrakICT_Coach_Seating_1_

220919_TRICON_AmtrakICT_Business_Seating

Other than the business class I'm really excited, I've been on the Brightline and Midwest venture cars and they're great. 

As for the business class they wen with the same version as VIA which uses the same seats with just more space between seats which I'm not a fan of. I wish the got the wider seats like Brightline did.

The only other issue I'm probably gonna have is the fact these trains will most likely have fixed seats which can't be turned. That'll be fine for short journeys but I wouldn't be a fan of them for longer ones.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you for sharing this exciting news about Amtrak Airo! The introduction of these new trains promises a more sustainable and comfortable travel experience for passengers. With world-class amenities and a modern design, traveling by rail is set to become even more enjoyable.

On 2/22/2024 at 4:30 PM, Oliemindex said:

Thank you for sharing this exciting news about Amtrak Airo! The introduction of these new trains promises a more sustainable and comfortable travel experience for passengers. With world-class amenities and a modern design, traveling by rail is set to become even more enjoyable.

I'm particularly intrigued by the focus on comfort and efficiency, which are essential aspects of any journey. Considering upgrading to business class could be an excellent way to enhance the experience further, offering additional amenities and luxury during your travels.
I can't wait to see the debut of Amtrak Airo in 2026 and experience the transformation firsthand.