Better job/employer: Amtrak/LIRR/MNRR

2ride

Of the three employers: Amtrak, Metro North, and Long Island Railroad, which one of the three do you think is the best agency to work for and why? If so, how does the other 2 not ranked above the best one compare also assuming the best is out of the talks?

On 3/23/2023 at 10:57 PM, 2ride said:

Of the three employers: Amtrak, Metro North, and Long Island Railroad, which one of the three do you think is the best agency to work for and why? If so, how does the other 2 not ranked above the best one compare also assuming the best is out of the talks?

Take which ever hires you, from your post history it seems you are trying for them all. so here’s to you getting hired bud. 

Edited by NycHopeful718

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 7:00 PM, noekozz said:

IIRC I think LIRR pays the most.  I could be wrong. 

I heard this . I was also comparing the starting wages for their assistant conductor position , I believe lirr pays more hourly for that as well.

however assistant conductors at mnrr make top pay sooner 6 yrs vs 8yrs for Lirr , but even the top pay is higher @  lirr by like almost $3 . 

Edited by HardWorkin