Next Bus Operator Exam??

Mark97

• +Young+ changed the title to Next Bus Operator Exam??

11 hours ago, Mark97 said:

I recently decided to become a MTA bus operator and I wanted to know when the next exam might be.

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, if you look at the left hand side of this webpage, depending on what depot you want to work out of, the title of "Bus Operator" falls under one of three categories: NYC Transit, MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company. Unfortunately, the next exam for NYC Transit is not going to be for a while. This time last year, according to the second page of this PDF document, the agency administered five [5] different examinations for NYC Transit, in which a thread/topic has been created, which you can view here. As far as MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company is concerned, to my knowledge, there has not been an exam in the last couple of years. If I was you, keep an eye out on this webpage. As soon as there is going to be a "new" exam for either NYC Transit, MaBSTOA and/or MTA Bus Company, it will be posted on the MTA's website.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Other than that, welcome to the Forums!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 10:31 PM, Mark97 said:

I recently decided to become a MTA bus operator and I wanted to know when the next exam might be.

Update:

As per the latest Exam Schedule, there will be an Open-Competitive Examination for MTA Bus Company and MaBSTOA, in which the application period will be from June 1st to July 1st. With the fact that the Exam Number is "N/A," I'm wondering how this will work out, respectively.

Good luck!!

On 5/19/2023 at 11:18 PM, +Young+ said:

Update:

As per the latest Exam Schedule, there will be an Open-Competitive Examination for MTA Bus Company and MaBSTOA, in which the application period will be from June 1st to July 1st. With the fact that the Exam Number is "N/A," I'm wondering how this will work out, respectively.

Good luck!!

Update:

The next Open-Competitive Examinations for the title of Bus Operator for MTA Bus Company and MaBSTOA are now open for filing for free!! More information can be found on the Exam Schedule webpage, and two brand new topics/threads have been created as well, which can be found here and here.

Good luck!!