Greyhound relocates Philadelphia terminal to 6th & Market

mfs NJT459

https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia/news/sixers-arena-greyhound-bus-station-philadelphia-center-city/

New location has no restrooms, no place to sit or charge their phones while they wait for the bus.  Passengers block the sidewalk and buses block the bus lane. Megabus has long stopped here before FlixBus and now Greyhound and Peter Pan. NJ Transit buses that start at 30th Street station (including the 316) also stop there. Yes it’s closer to the 8th & Market PATCO stop. 

Wow. I liked the location of the old terminal cause it was near Reading Terminal Market.

I guess no space for Hound and Peter Pan at Amtrak 30th Street Station. 

Was Greyhound booted out of its old location on short notice or something? It's odd that they would choose such an shitty replacement.

21 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Wow. I liked the location of the old terminal cause it was near Reading Terminal Market.

I guess no space for Hound and Peter Pan at Amtrak 30th Street Station. 

Was Greyhound booted out of its old location on short notice or something? It's odd that they would choose such an shitty replacement.

The lease was up at Filbert Terminal, but the move had been in the works for months. It was supposed to happen in March.

On 6/28/2023 at 8:12 PM, trainfan22 said:

I didn't necessarily care for the old location... Even though it's the one block, I still wasn't fond of the walk from Market, coming off other NJT buses (yeah, I know I can catch the same buses back at WRTC, but I like to ride full routes).... At least there was that 7-11 I would sometimes stop off at, while waiting for a #551 or the #313/15/17.... I only bought a soda from those vending machines inside the old Greyhound terminal once, when there was too little time coming off one bus to catch the other bus I wanted.... Think it was from off the #551 to catch the #317, or vice versa, or something.... lol.... I don't have elephant memories like some people on here, unfortunately.

Since I'm off this week, I'm going to see what's up around there... Had wanted to see how they reconfigured the old Greyhound terminal, back when NJT kicked all of its routes out of there, but I kept procrastinating.... TBH, I wasn't expecting the closing of that terminal anytime soon.... Obviously not up on the goings-on in Philly; too much BS we gotta worry about in this sinking ship of a city we both live in, as it is.....

• 4 months later...

Now the Greyhound/Flix, Peter Pan, Megabus stop will relocate to Spring Garden and Front St/Columbus Blvd near SEPTA station, effective Nov. 16 thru the first quarter of 2024

https://www.phila.gov/media/20231107163440/Bus-Relocation-Overview_Nov2023.pdf

Edited by mfs NJT459