Flushing Line Improvements

Chris89292

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Pretty sure you and many others would have complained if this was a rush job instead.

The community has the right to complain, the MTA doesn’t promise anything on time anyway, all their recent projects have been delayed for months, especially for the (J) stations in Jamaica. A 6-7 month construction project is enough time, I would accept a month of delay or 2 

Edited by Chris89292

5 hours ago, slantfan4281 said:

What's the schedule for the rest of the stops, has it changed

The only information right now is that 69th and 52nd street will close anytime in 2024, and 103 Street will close in 2025

Posted (edited)

I think the cause of the delays was because of the queensboro plaza elevator project that shut down the line in half for 3 weeks, which disrupt track access at 82nd and 111 street, all of this happening in January and February is what causes the project to get delayed to April rather then it’s original opening date in March

Edited by Chris89292

Today is officially the last day of Flushing bound service at 111 and 82nd Street, 11:45 PM 

Also a quick update at Woodside 61st street, the contractors are installing new steel beams where the express tracks are since the old ones have been in such corroded conditions, I’m pretty sure this is the reason why the project is so delayed, it also explains the big huge yellow machines on both ends of the station  

It seems like 69th and 52nd street will be seeing overcoat painting beneath the platforms “I’m referring to the steel beams” there is strange yellow wood planks beneath the train tracks, and there is some construction noise around that area. Also at Queensboro Plaza, the first LED ads are being installed