Toronto Transit Commission PCC Photographs

Earle Baldwin

During April 1980 and August 1981, I visited Toronto for the TTC PCC experience. If ever a single city could lay claim to "Trolley Car Heaven," Toronto is it. Streetcar lines seemed to be everywhere. In fact, when I returned home from those trips I had to get used to the idea of not seeing rails in the street! Here are some pictures from those trips:

ttc4474brc.jpg

ttc4482arc.jpg

ttc4500arc.jpg

ttc4511arc.jpg

ttc4518drc.jpg

I hope you enjoy them. I'll post more in the coming days.

Regards,

Earle

Hi, Eastman.

TTC's PCC cars featured a number of differences in details and, indeed, some cars had multiple unit capability. In fact, if you look closely at the view of the 4474, the coupler is visible pushed to the left front corner of the car. TTC's roster included many second hand cars.

Regards,

Earle

Hi, Eastman.

TTC's PCC cars featured a number of differences in details and, indeed, some cars had multiple unit capability. In fact, if you look closely at the view of the 4474, the coupler is visible pushed to the left front corner of the car. TTC's roster included many second hand cars.

Regards,

Earle

Yes I noticed it in the picture that's why I asked. I figured they used to coupled together recently. Thanks for the reply.

Archived