IND Ghosts???

MTR Admiralty

I came across NYCSubway.org and on the IND Page, towards the bottom, there was this section:

More IND Ghosts?

Besides the provisions for the 1929 system, there seem to be rumours of other IND ghost stations:

* A subway station located below 212th Street in Queens Village. Supposedly, there are skylights on the sidewalk along 212th St and Jamaica Avenue, and a subway tunnel along 73rd Ave. right to Alley Pond Park.

* Hillside Avenue widens out considerably at Springfield Boulevard in Queens Village, with service roads and main roads a la Queens Boulevard. It's said that this was a provision for a new eastern terminal for the IND, and the 1929 plan does have trains running to Springfield Boulevard.

Anyone know more about this?

Don't forget the 76th Street station on the (A) and (C) line, 76th street is the ultimate "ghost station".

That one is highly popularised, however the article online is bogus, it was made for an April Fool's Trick. The station never opened.

However recent photographs do show that a station or at least a shell of a station may exist somewhere near 76th Street and there are tracks leading towards it.

I am not sure about this guy at Queens Village, there is no doubt, no connection to the existing system.

However recent photographs do show that a station or at least a shell of a station may exist somewhere near 76th Street and there are tracks leading towards it.

Are you talking about the photos showing tracks just ending at a cinder block wall, with a signal facing said wall?

This threads piqued my curiousity, anyone wanna head to Queens Village tomorrow to see anything for themselves, haha?

What??? 76th Street on the CPW Local uptown or downtown?? I know nothing of the sort. However the fully furbished Roosevelt Avenue/ Jackson heights terminal station I have seen. As well as the bellmouth to brooklyn south 4th street station via the (E) train tunnel approaching WTC. Also, can someone explain the bellmouth between Jay st & High St on the manhattan- bound (A)(C)? As well the center track stub between 4th Ave & Smith-9th sts; did that lead to the ex 5th ave elevated or other line?? Also the 2nd Ave connection at 2nd Ave on the (F). Was there also a siding on the (2)(3) between 96th & 110sts? If you really want ghost stations go to the route of the 9 ave el. The sedgwick Ave Station shell is still there with trackbed but no track. If you can hold the stench walk the tunnel to the Jerome/ anderson Ave station. Gun Hill Road has been taken out I still think MTA was stupid in razing the els in the outer boroughs i understand the city but the boroughs.

Are you talking about the photos showing tracks just ending at a cinder block wall, with a signal facing said wall?

This threads piqued my curiousity, anyone wanna head to Queens Village tomorrow to see anything for themselves, haha?

Yes, I don't recall if there are bumper blocks at the cinder block wall. So there MAY be a station there. I don't believe 100% in its existence though.

What??? 76th Street on the CPW Local uptown or downtown?? I know nothing of the sort. However the fully furbished Roosevelt Avenue/ Jackson heights terminal station I have seen. As well as the bellmouth to brooklyn south 4th street station via the (E) train tunnel approaching WTC. Also, can someone explain the bellmouth between Jay st & High St on the manhattan- bound (A)(C)? As well the center track stub between 4th Ave & Smith-9th sts; did that lead to the ex 5th ave elevated or other line?? Also the 2nd Ave connection at 2nd Ave on the (F). Was there also a siding on the (2)(3) between 96th & 110sts? If you really want ghost stations go to the route of the 9 ave el. The sedgwick Ave Station shell is still there with trackbed but no track. If you can hold the stench walk the tunnel to the Jerome/ anderson Ave station. Gun Hill Road has been taken out I still think MTA was stupid in razing the els in the outer boroughs i understand the city but the boroughs.

Holy crap. That many sidings??? I know the one approaching WTC, that was for the proposed Worth Street Subway. The stub that the G uses to lay up? No, the 5th Avenue el was probably torn down then, no such connection exists. The Sedgwick Avenue Station is worth the trip. I do not recall a bellmouth between High and Jay, however I remember there is a bellmouth between York and Jay, it was anticipated for trains coming from Dekalb, they could have used the Rutgers Street Tunnel instead of the bridge to reach Manhattan.

Here is an unknown to most former connection, go to Gates Avenue and Broadway. Look at the el structure, you will see on the structure, that there was a siding for a former el structure. This el was the Lexington Avenue El (BMT, ran in Brooklyn), trains would merge onto the Broadway el structure.

You could find most, if not all, Ghost Stations on Mr Brennan's site.

Well, I would really put some effort on that since it really would be more convienient for me now-days... But couple years later, I can drive... Dream Car - 2008 Toyota Pruis...

Just to prevent a sudden diverge onto talking about cars:

Uhh.. are we on topic here, Mr Wang?

Yes, I am just sying the extesion if it'd already almost be completed, I can ride to L.I. but if not, I'd drive my dream car in the future to have 'hassel-free' transportation! I have 2.5 years til' college so, I can drvie by 2.5 year. That project 'IND East Queens' if it'd start today, won't be completed until maybe when I complete college!

Dude... how are you so certain about its completion? To be honest, most if not all of us do not even know if these are real or not. These could be placed for a joke, nobody can confirm the factuality. Even if work was done in the 30s (the IND Second System), work was terminated and not much was finished.

If work was to be restarted, designs must be drawn, hearings must be made to the community, the DEIS and FEIS must be written before a contract could be awarded. Even after a contract is awarded, Capital Construction has to select contractors as well before construction can take place. There is a lot to be done.

So really, it is far from complete, if it is even real.

I know it, I did not start this topic, blame the topic starter if you want to! I personally know this thing from the nycsubway.org... It may not be true for now-days since that thing is DUMPED!!!

MTR, since when you known me as an U.S. Born-MainLand Chinese, you started having conflicts, I have nothing to do with toy/milk posioning and tibet thing, so shut the hell up!

Are you serious??? Did I ever talk about your country's ethics and morals here on this thread?

Don't give me an attitude here... I posted this thread so that other people could voice valuable opinions. STAY ON TOPIC.

Anyways. Is anyone going to those sites to speculate it and to prove it is real? It really is a find.

Archived