online dating scam?

FlushingExpress

there is something bugging me a lot and i need desperately need some answers and advice. i met a woman online. she claims her name is serena mark. i engaged in an email conversation with her and it is below. please read the entire thing and then tell me whether you believe this is a scam or not:

Me: testing if this is a real email account. sent me a message on yahoo personals, but your profile got deleted for some reason. for that, i am unable to see you other email addresses. what are they?

Serena: Hello Leon, How are you and how is work, your health, and how's everything generally with you?i hope your fine and all is well with you..When I think of luv...I think of you when I think of some thing fine I think of you When I think of fun times I think of you But what I can't understand is when I think of you Why do I feel so blue..Just sitting here and thinking,Thinking my thoughts of you Dreaming of how things would be If you were right here too....I hope that things are going The way that you had planed I only wish that you were here And I could hold your hand...I dream of being with you Of being by your side Of waking up beside you of love that we won't hide...I hope one day that you'll be more Than just a dream at night That I can bring you happiness And love with all my might..Thanks for answering some of my questions and telling me more about yourself... Well i don't really know what you are looking and please i would like you to tell me the kind of woman your seeking for?i was onced really hurt and i got heart broken as when my ex-fiance left me just two weeks to our wedding which i never expected that while i was there thinking that i had found the right man not knowing he never loved me and that's why am trying this on-line dating maybe it would workout for me but i simple want someone to share it with. family is very important to me as is the idea of marriage. I am searching for someone who shares the following qualities with me. Thoughtful, loving, goal oriented, along with sense of humor. I love to laugh and smile. I also love to read, cook, and travel. My interests are many. I am honest, intelligent, loyal, affectionate, easy going, romantic, soft-spoken and sensual. I'm romantic, caring, and much more! I'm "crazy" about all pets. espcially dogs and cats. I love nature and I like to travel. I like books and reading Bible ..I'm looking for for a partner for life..are you the one?? Appearance is important but more importantly: Are you a loving guy,,,??? some times people select there love with age as for me i don't believe in age in a relationship all that l want a man that will make me happy so much and make me feel so good and that will be faithful in all things that he told me that will be truthful to me I am actually educated just have never found a decent job that uses it. I am a person that use to be very shy. I still am in ways, but in others I am a person ate somebody. I kinda been single a long time. I really haven't met any men that I really liked I guess. I kinda am looking for a funny, loyal, smart, and attractive man. he doesn't have to be a handsome or rich but that will make me happy either just has to be some kinda spark there.anyway i just wanna let you know that I'm seeking a serious long term relationship and more. Someone special to capture my heart and knows how to handle it with care, one who will cherish me and be willing to share life's greatest joys and sorrows. Someone who's willing to spoil, pamper and love me unconditionally, whom is kind, sincere, honest, passionate, loyal, sense of humor, loving and wants a lifetime of passion., so only serious inquiries will be accepted.I'm looking for a soul-mate...a best friend for life! Someone I could talk to about anything....A good listener, smart and funny! I'd give the same to the ONE !! Who knows - may be you are my twin-soul anyway and hope to here from you soon. Bye and take very good care of yourself,till i hear from you. Serena.

Me: wow, you have a lot to say. i do not know where to begin to tell you more about me. to see some photos and learn a bit about me, go to here: [my tagged url] reply back if you still want to talk.

serena: Hello Leon, I am very happy to read from you ! How are you,and how was your day and how is everything going on with you hope all is fine with you presently in my life you are one trusted friend you helped me made up my mind when i am confused you wiped away my tears when i cried you helped me to my feet when i drowned you are so spectacular in many ways that's why......Hope your doing pretty Good.i spent my weekend just crying and right now am very sad and I am just starting to feel a little better now because am just heart broken recently by my ex-fiance and has ended me in a nightmare now well i really want to know about you well....Oh I was wondering, am glad to know that in the evening is when to find you online so i would try and be online so we could chat better, What kind of business do you do? I am so happy to read from you. I so much love what i read about you ,I like your profile and am impressed, about your profile and i like your picture too. I think we have a lot in common, hey, we're a 93% match! ..Honey am so sorry for giving you the wrong impression and i want you to know that your friendship means lot to me and i do not judge people from three-mail and am not scared of meeting you its just that things have been hard for me starting my life all over again without my ex-fiance and that's why i need a good man like you to start my life all over again with because you sound caring,honest,fun to be with and sincere and responsible and most importantly you have since of humor and i want you to know that i want a man who would be there during good and bad times,I'm definitely interested and curious in learning more about YOU. I hope you wont hate me. I look forward to receiving a reply from you Honey. Serena.

me: i would never hate you. in fact, i am suffering worse than you. i just needed some time to relax. i am currently in college and having a really difficult time getting a job (please do not hate me for that). maybe we could help and protect each other. that is what a good relationship is for, right? anyway. reply back if you still want to talk. use yahoo IM?

serena: Hello Leon,

How are you and how is weekend going?hope it was fine and all is well with you? well i got all your mails l am glad to hear from you again and thanks so much for your comforting me letter in keeping my hopes up here...l am always doing great when ever l read your letters, l want you to know that you mean so much to me, l really want to meet you in person to be able to hold you tight next to me and kiss your lips..., I must tell you they were really lovely and inspiring,i guess we are both searching for the same kind of person but i dont think am good enough to be urs cause you really sounded sincere, honest and fun to be with.cause i spent my weekend crying. But just like you've been sincere and honest to me i really have to be, cause i know that after reading this mail i might not get an e-mail of ur reply and it would be so sad. because a friend of mine onces said all men are the same they only want to share the good time and not the bad time,i hope ur not like them. well i didn't tell you all that happened between i and my ex-finance,thinking there was no need cause by this time i would be back to and start a new life possible with someone like you,but by the weekend after i had packed all my loads to leave, the hotel manager ended up seizing my international passport and return ticket and now am stuck in the hotel where i lodged with my ex finance. I really don't wanna break ur heart but i have to tell you all what happened,i know you'll be confuse by now. well it all started when i met Terry my ex finance,we both became friends and soon after a while we became lovers for a year and half until he proposed to me and asked for my hands in marriage which i stupidly accepted because i had fallen deeply in love with the bastard because he kept on lying to me telling me how he loved me,wanted me to have his babies for him and that we both grow old together.i just don't know how i could fall for all that crap.well soon after i agreed the wedding plains began and we were to get married in June this year until he came and told me one day that he received a phone call from his family back home telling him that they wanted to meet me and know more about the lady their son was about marrying,that's how he got me because i feel for it and decided to meet his family and see where he grew up and secondly see the wild life in his country. and so we both went to his country because his not an American but an African,when we got to his country instead of him taking me indirectly to his family house he took me to an hotel where we logded and that was where the crazy bastard took advantage over me,well i didn't know that i was about been married to a thief who was about robbing me which he eventually did. would you believe it the bastard brought me to Africa only to rob me off my money and jewelries i brought over to Nigeria, i even reported him to the police over there and they promised me not to worry that they would fine him in no time and up til now they've not said anything positive about finding him, now i was purpose to return back to New York, on Friday and start all over again but the hotel manager just seized my passport ands return ticket and i spent all weekend crying and now am very sad and not too feeling fine.i really would have loved to tell you more about myself and things i do for fun but i cant and am sorry i know i wouldn't hear from you again and it would really be sad but i had to tell you the truth i just need someone right now to make me happy. well you could call the hotel and ask of miss Serena Mark Room 025 or the white woman upstairs and i would be on to you,and maybe we could talk better on phone,i get to hear how your voice sounds like and you get to know how my voice sounds like, that's if your still interested in me. bye and take care, the hotel phone number is +234-187-348-51 +234-8082366069 i dont know if its necessary to use the plus sign or without but please try it either way. you could also speak to the hotel manager if you want his e-mail address is [concealing email address] and the phone number above is name is mr Akeem. Serena.

me: i was out and about yesterday and am quite exhausted today. your story is quite sad. feel a lot of pity for you. just emailed the address you sent and waiting for a reply. please get well soon.

serena: Hello Leon Sweetie, How are you and how was your day?i hope your fine and all is well with you,I truly need You so badly and I promise I will never let you down for this.. Please just try and help me and very soon we will both smile together.. I need you more than anything in this World now. Please give me the Chance in your Heart... I want you to make sure you help me write to the Hotel manager and let them know You want to help me ,help me work things Out with them so that they can be able to Return all my flight documents back to me for me to get back to the state as soon as possible.. Well i want you to Understand that i have know reason to lied to you about my Situation. I am truly Honest with you and I promise I will never make you regret Helping me Outta here. I promise i will never let you down. Please i really do need Your help. I am truly Honest with You.. I want you so much in my life gary. Please i want you to took the Chance in your Heart and believe me and then see what Happen next. Just give me a trial please.. I really do need Your help and I promise I will never let you down for this.. Please took the chance in your heart to Trust me and believe every single words i said to You and then You will see i am all the way truthful with You.. I would never lie to anyone just to get something Out from them. Believe me. Please. I need Your help don't let me die here all because you never believe me while I am Honest...Honey i would have loved calling you but right now i am in a fix and i dont have any money with me and i am not allowed to use the hotel phone number because of my outstanding bills. So i have to access to make long distance call, i only have access to the internet for now and there's intension of disconnecting me if my outstanding bill is not settled, Darling i need your help please with the favour of helping me settle my outstanding bills so that i can have my passport and return ticket returned back so i could come back home as soon as my bills is settled....I just really want you to know that you are my every thing.There is nothing in this world that i wouldn't do for you.You are my heart, my life,my world,my soul mate,the love of my life, my smile, my happiness, my strength, my rock, my courage, my inspiration, YOU ARE MY EVERY THING BABY!! I MISS YOU SO MUCH!! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH YOU BABY! I WILL LOVE YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY!! I LOVE YOU BABY! And make sure you take very good care of yourself My Dearest Love .... i have been searching and seeking to love someone in my life.I love to start my new life with you and spend time with our kids, been in happy family together.. I don't think these wouldn't be difficult for you to understand how i feel in my heart...My love please help me with all possible best you can to get me back home to you safely and sound..I promise not to hurt and cheat on you..I know you are also eager to meet me and help me...Please my love help for the sake of love

YOU ARE MY EVERY THING BABY!! I MISS YOU SO MUCH!! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH YOU BABY! I WILL LOVE YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY!! I LOVE YOU BABY! And make sure you take very good care of yourself My Dearest Love ... i have been searching and seeking to love someone in my life.I love to start my new life with you and spend time with our kids, been in happy family together.. I don't think these wouldn't be difficult for you to understand how i feel in my heart...My love please help me with all possible best you can to get me back home to you safely and sound..I promise not to hurt and cheat on you..I know you are also eager to meet me and help me...Please my love help for the sake of love.WHEN WE FIRST MET ONLINE I NEW THERE WAS SOMETHING ABOUT YOU THAT MADE ME FEEL FUNNY INSIDE I WOULD LOOK AT YOUR PICTURES AND SMILE BECAUSE YOUR SO CUTE BUT ALL WE WILL BE IS LONG DISTANCE LOVERS. ONE DAY WHO KNOW WE MAY MEET AND I WOULD HOLD YOU IN MY ARM AND NEVER LET U GO KISS YOU ALL NIGHT LONG.

WITH THE WORDS YOU SPEAK YOU MAKE ME SO HAPPY THAT I WANT TO CRY BUT I DON’T BECAUSE I WANT TO BE STRONG FOR YOU. MY LONG DISTANCE LOVER. I THINK ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT ME I WOUNDER BUT I KNOW YOU ARE. WHEN WE SPOKE IT WAS LIKE WE NEW EACH OTHER FOR A LIFE TIME AND MORE.

WHEN I LOOK AT THE STARS ARE YOU LOOKING AT THEM TOO THINKING ABOUT ME BECAUSE I’M THINKING ABOUT YOU. YOU’RE MY LONG DISTANCE LOVER AND I NEVER STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU. I HAVE THIS ROMANTIC AND SEXUAL DESIRE AND LONGING FOR YOU. YOU’RE THE AIR I BREATH THE SUN I SEE THE RAIN I HEAR OUT SIDE MY WINDOW, YOU’RE THE BIRDS SWEET SINGING IN THE MORNING YOU’RE THE CRICKET AT NIGHT LOOKING FOR LOVE.BEST OF ALL YOU’RE MY LONG DISTANCE LOVER AND I WILL NEVER STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU MY SWEET LOVE.

Serena.

now i also emailed the "supposed" hotel manager and got this response:

How are you doing?...thank you for your message and it referring to Miss Serena Mark to get out of here and make it back to the Usa...Well l will have to say her situation have been so bad and for her been down here is because of the bill she owe the hotel for the service render to her...l hope she told you about this?...and this is why you contact me here...Well to tell you and don't get me wrong...l didn't hold her custody she was only held down her returning plane ticket and passport and other document for her to use to get back to the Usa as colleratel to the bill she owe and is with the hotel management and that she have to paid for it....what is necessary to have her things in return is to paid the debt she owe the hotel for the room use and feeding her till the amount go high to sum of 850dollars...so l will advice you and tell you that as soon as the bill she owe is been paid off she have no problem with us anymore then she will move the same day....

here is the information for you to transfer the money through MONEY GRAM.

Receiver Name..

First Name...Dele

Last Name...Ojo

Country....Nigeria

City...Lagos

Zip zode...23401

Text question... colour

Text Answer...Brown

Amount she owe....850dollars

Please don't forget to email back the reference number giving to you when you have send the money through in order to pick it up down here and to clarify the money was sent by you...so the information needed from you is such as....The reference number and your senders name and your full address you use to fill the form when sending the money...Please this is needed when you make the transfer...l will have to stop here and let me know when you are sending it and when you have sent it.....looking forward to hear from you.

basically, this woman claims to be stuck in an african hotel and they confiscated her passport, visa, and other things needed to get back to the U.S. the "hotel manager" said she owes 850 dollars and refuses to let her go until she or i pay that amount. though her story does sound sad and she seems desperate and honest, it looks really fishy to me, so i need to know what you think about this, scam or not?

Brother I fell through the same trap. My scenario with my "ladyfriend" was she was held captive at a female camp in Darfur, her father was a rich doctor who died and she wanted me to help her out by paying for her ticket out of the country. I would get a couple of hundred dollars just for helping her out. I kept lying because I had a feeling it was a scam, when I asked pictures of her face she never responded. LOL Sadly all smoke and mirrors.

Archived