Shuttle to Rock Park changes?

pr1nyc1

Between Howard Beach and Broad Channel, there is a 4 car R143 or R160 (Can't tell) train parked there. Sometimes in the morning, on my way to the City, i see it running on the left most track (which isn't used for anything else but this). You just see it being operated to the end of that track, and back. Every time i pass Beach Channel it is sitting there. Does anyone know what the plans are? Are they just testing the train, or are they planning to use it as the Rock Park shuttle?

I hope some know what I'm talking about. Thanks for any info

That's where all the new trains coming in undergo initial testing.

I didnt know this, thanks.

It's a speed track. It's used for testing trains. There's a permanent G.O. on this track.

What's a G.O.?

All the new trains that are testing are all R160 cars now. No R143's go there, they all operate on the (L).

Interesting...Thanks

Between Howard Beach and Broad Channel, there is a 4 car R143 or R160 (Can't tell) train parked there. Sometimes in the morning, on my way to the City, i see it running on the left most track (which isn't used for anything else but this). You just see it being operated to the end of that track, and back. Every time i pass Beach Channel it is sitting there. Does anyone know what the plans are? Are they just testing the train, or are they planning to use it as the Rock Park shuttle?

I hope some know what I'm talking about. Thanks for any info

It's a R160 set. I saw a 4 car set a few months ago in October on that track. They do the preliminary testing there.

No, they will not use if for the Rock Shuttle. The H will continue to use the A's cars since it is based out of Pitkin Yard. There are no current plans to base incoming orders of R160s at Pitkin Yd.

Archived