C Grade for L Line

Trainspotter

Manhattan: C Grade for L Line

By WILLIAM NEUMAN

September 28, 2007

New York City Transit has spent millions on a computerized system of speakers and electronic signs on the crosstown L line, which runs from Brooklyn to Manhattan. But according to survey results released yesterday, respondents gave a C grade when asked if announcements in stations on the line were easy to hear, and a C-minus when asked if the announcements were informative. Despite the $17.6 million investment in the line’s “customer information system,” the results were only slightly better than the D-plus grade that riders recently gave the public address system on the No. 7 line. The No. 7 train, however, which runs from Flushing, Queens, to Times Square, has not had a similar upgrade to its public address system. Over all, L train riders said overcrowding was their top priority, and transit officials said they would proceed with plans to add trains to the line by December.

A B?! You never take the L. I take it every single day and it ain't no B. A C- sounds right on target

i take it whenever you go railfanning with me. for some strange reason every single time we go railfanning we end up taking the L line. so i have taken it enough to give it a rating

besides at least its better than the bull i have to deal with. i can't wait until they start giving out surveys for the R line...

Im not a frequent L rider at all. When I ride the L , I use it as the 14th St Crosstown Between the A/C/E at 8 Av, 6 Av for the F,V,1,2,3, and Union Square-14 St for the N,Q,R,W,4,5,6. Never in Brooklyn, but from what i hear about the Weekend L service, its pretty bad.

As like Pablo stated, those passengers must love their weekend G.O.s; 24 Min Headways, Shuttle Buses, Divided sections , etc.

I don't have a right to rate the L , so I didn't. I gave in my input on the 7 , which should've received a minimum grade of a B. The 7 is one of the best routes in the system.

Im currently in the process of rating the D.

Archived