As ENY gets More RTS', Several Routes Ignored Orionwise

Micstromme

I think that its nice that the East New York Depot is getting some 88xxs/84xxs again, but I can't help but notice that these buses are coming in and it is sure to make some buses that have FAILED to show Hybrid Revenue along its depot, more so than already.

While the 84/85/88xxs come to ENY, the Hybrids that are already there fail to appear on the B14 (since they first arrived) and the B17 (never had a single hybrid onboard-EVER!!!!!!!!!! The B42 also fails to see the benefits that are the 2006 Orion VIIs. This makes no sense since the B15, B25, B45, B65, B83, Q24 and Q56, B7 and B82- the most packed route in all of Brooklyn sees Hybrids but none for the B14, B17, and B42.

Does anyone know why these three bus routes will get these TMCs but will not see any hybrids anytime soon?

I think that its nice that the East New York Depot is getting some 88xxs/84xxs again, but I can't help but notice that these buses are coming in and it is sure to make some buses that have FAILED to show Hybrid Revenue along its depot, more so than already.

While the 84/85/88xxs come to ENY, the Hybrids that are already there fail to appear on the B14 (since they first arrived) and the B17 (never had a single hybrid onboard-EVER!!!!!!!!!! The B42 also fails to see the benefits that are the 2006 Orion VIIs. This makes no sense since the B15, B25, B45, B65, B83, Q24 and Q56, B7 and B82- the most packed route in all of Brooklyn sees Hybrids but none for the B14, B17, and B42.

Does anyone know why these three bus routes will get these TMCs but will not see any hybrids anytime soon?

I agree, but B42 is a short line, so maybe they should get Orions every summer.

I think it has to do with a tight turn on the B14, I have not one clue for the other two routes mentioned.

Then does that mean that the B14 will switch depots for the purpose of a narrower bus? If so, then Flatbush or Gleason will do just fine.

Then does that mean that the B14 will switch depots for the purpose of a narrower bus? If so, then Flatbush or Gleason will do just fine.
It's staying in ENY but they will keep RTS running on that route for a good while. I wonder what will run on that route when NG's finish arriving.

I live by the B12, B14, and the B15 and thought of the same thing. Maybe the seniors dont want them on that line? This is truly a mystery for me.

It seems like half of the Hybrids are on the B12.

The B42 does run a hybrid once in a while. I saw one (I believe 6827) on there about two weeks ago.

With the B14/17, there are sharp turns on this route that prevent them from putting them in service. I remember the 14 having a lot of hybrids before they placed them into other lines. And the community were not happy with the Hybrids (they said it was smaller, but I don't see how).

Also they place them into the routes that they feel would best be fitted for Hybrids.

It seems like half of the Hybrids are on the B12.

The B42 does run a hybrid once in a while. I saw one (I believe 6827) on there about two weeks ago.

With the B14/17, there are sharp turns on this route that prevent them from putting them in service. I remember the 14 having a lot of hybrids before they placed them into other lines. And the community were not happy with the Hybrids (they said it was smaller, but I don't see how).

Also they place them into the routes that they feel would best be fitted for Hybrids.

Thank you. I forgot the B12!!!!!! That and the B82 almost clear the entire hybrids from other routes.

And, if there are too narrow turns for the B14 and the B17, then what the hell will they do when the depots lose all of their RTS'? Perhaps Fresh pond or Grand will come running.

are the East New york depot get more RTS Nova Bus

from Manhattanville depot or Micheal j. Quill depot

or Flatbush depot.

because those depot getting new 2009 orion7NG.

think about Gun Hill Depot they need new 2009 orion7NG.

siwtch B51 route to Jackie Gleason depot

not East new york depot

And the community were not happy with the Hybrids (they said it was smaller, but I don't see how).

If ENY banned the O7s from B14 route because of an dislike issue, then the same should occur with other busier routes, such as the limited lines at FLA--40-ft. low floor HEV buses have no place on those routes. At all.

or Flatbush depot.

not East new york depot

WTF, a few problems. There is no reliable source saying what depots are getting NGs, unless an actual B/O storms in here and tells us. And please correct your grammar.

I heard from MTA NYCT by 2010 - 2013?

Maspeth depot will replace the East New York Depot soon.

in the near future.

if Manhattan were to gid rid of RTS Nova bus.

first depot will be Manhattanville depot will be the first depot

get rid of RTS Nova Bus.

they were to get 1993 - 1998 orion5 #500 - #600 series

from Casey stengal depot.

few of 1996 - 1998 nova bus might come to Bronx maybe?

some might go to Staten Island or to MTA BUS.

maybe #6100 series like ( #6133 - #6159) will come to

Manhattanville depot/?

more of orion7NG might go to staten island?

Caslteon depot or Yukon depot might have to give up

#6100 - #6200 series of orion5.

#6140 - #6163 will go to Manhattanville depot?

#6179 - #6182 will go to West Farms depot?

#6187 - #6188 , will go to Gun Hill depot?

#6183 - #6186 will go to Amsterdam depot/?

#6190 - #6203 will stay on Castleton depot?

#6204 - #6207 will go to Micheal J. Depot?

#6208 , #6210 will go to Gun Hill depot?

#6211 - #6220 will go to Queens village depot?

#6221 - #6226 will go to Kingsbridge depot/?

#6228 - #6229 will go to micheal J. Quill depot?

#6230 , will go to Gun Hill depot

#6232 - #6239 will go to Castleon depot?

#6240 - #6279 will go to Kingsbridge depot?

#6280 - #6302 will go to charleston depot./?

#6303 - #6323 will go to amsterdam depot/?

#6320 - #6349 will go to amsterdam depot ?

1998 nova bus #5123 - #5159 will still stay on Micheal J. Quill depot

that my guess what ever i said/

#5160 - #5182 will go to kingsbridge depot

ny guess.

#6000 - #6011 were to College point depot

#6014 - #6019 were to go to west Farms depot

#6020 - #6059 were to go Casey Stengal depot

#6060 - #6062 were to go to JFK depot

#6063 - #6065 were to West Farms depot

#6066 - #6079 were to go to Gun Hill depot

#6084 - #6092 were to Caslteon depot

#6093 - #6105 were to Gun Hill depot

#6106 - #6108 were to Kingsbridge depot

#6109 - #6125 were to Gun Hill depot

#6120 - #6129 were to go to Micheal J. Quill depot

#6130 - #6139 were to go to Caslteon depot

when charleston depot they will get more of orion7NG

and samething as yukon depot.

is youkon depot carrying 1998 nova bus or they only carry MCI

bus for express bus only.

that my guess

Maybe they should make Brooklyn RTS free instead of Manhattan.

Hell no. The RTS' are one of the reasons that I love Brooklyn. They have a sense of belonging here. If Manhattan wants those damn "New Technology"-Only Shits then let them have it. But Do Not wish that upon Brooklyn's Division, which happens to be the largest Division of the Five Boroughs.

or Flatbush depot.

not East new york depot

The B51 originally came from Gleason but was switched because the Transit Authority banned C40LFs on the Manhattan Bridge. From there, they went to ENY, and now they are running out of Grand Avenue Depot. However, if JG received some Hybrids in exchange for the C40lfs that are there, a return to the Gleason Depot would be a welcome change.

Did anybody else notice that the Gleason Depot holds the most routes in Brooklyn at the moment? Why is that?

Hell no. The RTS' are one of the reasons that I love Brooklyn. They have a sense of belonging here. If Manhattan wants those damn "New Technology"-Only Shits then let them have it. But Do Not wish that upon Brooklyn's Division, which happens to be the largest Division of the Five Boroughs.

The B51 originally came from Gleason but was switched because the Transit Authority banned C40LFs on the Manhattan Bridge. From there, they went to ENY, and now they are running out of Grand Avenue Depot. However, if JG received some Hybrids in exchange for the C40lfs that are there, a return to the Gleason Depot would be a welcome change.

Did anybody else notice that the Gleason Depot holds the most routes in Brooklyn at the moment? Why is that?

JG always had alot of routes If im not mistaking ENY had About 17 Routes @ one time and JG Had 19.

ENY B7, B8, B12, B14, B15, B17, B20, B25, B40, B42, B45, B60, B78, B82, B83, Q24, Q56

JG B9, B11, B16, B23, B35, B37, B43, B48, B51, B61, B63, B65, B67, B68, B69, B70, B71, B75, B77

Why? Is it because they're governed at 40MPH or?

No, it's because CNG buses are banned from the Manhattan and I believe the Brooklyn Bridges.

As for the whole RTS free boroughs, it was supposed to be the Bronx Manhattan and SI.

At some point ENY will have to put hybrids on the B14 and B17. The same thing happened at CS where they refused to put them on the Q20/44 for months.

No, it's because CNG buses are banned from the Manhattan and I believe the Brooklyn Bridges.

As for the whole RTS free boroughs, it was supposed to be the Bronx Manhattan and SI.

At some point ENY will have to put hybrids on the B14 and B17. The same thing happened at CS where they refused to put them on the Q20/44 for months.

Lets get this straight.

1. There is no CNG buses banned on the Manhattan Bridge. NYPD did not make decision. It is the TA decision for some reason not to put CNG buses on the B51. Also, a year or two ago, one or two Spring Creek's Orion V CNG buses uses the Manhattan Bridge deadheaded back to the depot.

2. Brooklyn Bridge has restrictions that does not allowed buses and trucks exceeding the weight limit.

Archived