As ENY gets More RTS', Several Routes Ignored Orionwise

Micstromme

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

So what is the real reason that CNG buses can't go over the Manhattan Bridge because it seems like everybody is giving different answers

Anyway,when ENY first got their Orion Vll,I saw them on the B 17 and for some odd reason they didn't put them on the 83 when they first came out...now they put them out on the 83(not that much)42 see Orion Vll sometimes.I think the reason why they don't put them on the 42 that much,because the bus could get crowded at Rockway-park STA

I think the reason why they don't put them on the 42 that much,because the bus could get crowded at Rockway-park STA
But they use Hybrids on routes like the B15, B41, B44, B46, Q44, Q12, Q10 etc...

CNGs can cause a hazard on bridges, such as fuel leaks and can cause possible explosions & whatnot. I seen V CNGs go via the Willy & Manny B, for deadhead routes.

They should remove Hybrids on the mostly used routes, routes that are with high crowding and whatnot.

CNGs can cause a hazard on bridges, such as fuel leaks and can cause possible explosions & whatnot. I seen V CNGs go via the Willy & Manny B, for deadhead routes.

They should remove Hybrids on the mostly used routes, routes that are with high crowding and whatnot.

Finally someone says it.....certain routes shouldn't have Hybrids...its too cramped inside!

They use Orion V CNGs on the QBx1 all the time on the bridge, the Bx6/11/15/35/36 all use Orion V CNGs and Orion VII CNGs on the bridge, and New Flyer C40LFs, Orion VII CNGs, and Orion V CNGs are sent from Jackie Gleason all the way to the Bronx for the (2) train shuttle between 96th Street-149th Street. I never heard of fuel leaks and stuff. Plus all of Gleason's buses are governed at 40MPH so I doubt much can happen LOL

They use Orion V CNGs on the QBx1 all the time on the bridge, the Bx6/11/15/35/36 all use Orion V CNGs and Orion VII CNGs on the bridge, and New Flyer C40LFs, Orion VII CNGs, and Orion V CNGs are sent from Jackie Gleason all the way to the Bronx for the (2) train shuttle between 96th Street-149th Street. I never heard of fuel leaks and stuff. Plus all of Gleason's buses are governed at 40MPH so I doubt much can happen LOL

Yeah, but thats not a transit based bridge ( Buses & Trains on the same bridge ). The CNGs were supposed to be banned on the Manny and Willy B, but they arent.

Long ago Orion V CNG 7244 was deadheading via the willy B and had fuel leakage, it was stopped @ Marcy Ave and the bus was towed. The left lane to Brooklyn was closed due to the fuel spill, so the B39 had to go AROUND just to get to the stop.

Oh, and just to let you know, the C40LFs, V and VII CNGs from Gleason go via the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel, direct access to the FDR.

Archived