Why did they choose to Preserve R-38s 4140-4141 over 4028-4029?

R10 2952

Does anyone know why they've swapped R38s 4028-4029 with 4140-4141?

According to the Datasheet, It is no longer 4028-29 that are going to be preserved for the Transit Museum, but 4140-41 instead. What exactly caused this unexpected change in plans? All I hope is that they're going to end up preserving at least ONE set of R-38s for the Museum..

Look at the R1-R9s, and the Redbirds. Those are the answers to your question.

BUT BUT the Arnines are generally different models, and so are the Redbirds. They may look the same, but they're several different contracts.

The thing is, they preserved one train worth each of those cars for a special reason. Preserving only four R38s makes no sense. Preserve them in bulk or singles/married pairs is what I'm saying.

BUT BUT the Arnines are generally different models, and so are the Redbirds. They may look the same, but they're several different contracts.

The thing is, they preserved one train worth each of those cars for a special reason. Preserving only four R38s makes no sense. Preserve them in bulk or singles/married pairs is what I'm saying.

Many/Most of the remaining Redbirds are WF R-33s, and more than 1 remaining example exists of each of the R1/R4/R6/R7/A/R9 classes. But yes, it would be a very good idea to preserve the R-38s as married pairs (like the R-26s, for example).

Archived