Breaking News. Shooting at a community center in upstate NY

Shortline Bus

I changed the title to accurately reflect where the event took place.

I'm still very sad about this, especially knowing some people that i know used this kind of service so they could vote and pay proper taxes etc.

I think the next 3-4 months will see the worst of this economic downturn, with a steady recovery right after, possibly quick if certain companies & policies do the right thing.

- A

Not to get off topic but the lobbyist group in this country i really disllike is the NRA(National Rifle Assoication). They seem to oppose every senible form of gun control thinking America still is living in 1790.

They seem to confuse the constuntional amdenment to bare arms in 1790 till the need today. Back then you worried about a Briritsh invansion to reclaim the land. Also there was no Pathmark, Key Food or Shoprite to buy foods and thus you used your gun as a way to get meat. Sorry if anyone is upset just telling the trurth of why loose gun laws still apply in most of America.

I dont mind ( i know AW Wang & other annimal rights groups will hate me for saying it but its my view)for limited purpose such as hunting, etc. I rather a chicken be blown up than an innocent human life. Let me make clear i also oppose animal abuse too.

Shifting gears back to gun control, the NRA until recently even opposed background checks/strict training for people to get licensed guns.

I know as a 'realistic' person guns will never go away as long as America stays in extistence and sadly so will the wrong hands getting them.

What i am still angry about is the NRA opposing every form of senible gun controls laws which imo lower the chances of these bloodbath massacres happeing now every year or 2 in the USA. How many more "Columbine's "Va Tech's" "Santee' and now "Binghamton' before this madness stops?:cry:

Here the first details of the gunman at the Binghamton shooting Jiverly Voong ,

Who is Jiverly Voong aka Jiverly Wong? First clues that show a conflicting picture of the Binghamton gunman emerges

BY Joe Kemp and Matthew Lysiak In Binghamton and Corky Siemaszko In New York

NY DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Saturday, April 4th 2009

The maniac who shot 13 people dead in a upstate Binghamton immigration center before killing himself was described Friday (4/3/09)as an angry loner who loved guns, hated America and talked about assassinating the President.

Kevin Greene, who once worked with 41-year-old mass murderer Jiverly Voong, said a question about a New York Yankees T-shirt he was wearing brought out his dark side.

Greene said, "I asked him if he liked the Yanks," and "he said, 'No, I don't like that team. I don't like America. America sucks.'"

Greene, who lives outside of Binghamton, said he worked with Voong - whom co-workers knew as Jiverly Wong - for a few months at the Shop Vac assembly plant an afflitated company to IBM in Binghamton before it closed in November.

He told FBI investigators he and a buddy used to joke about how they thought Voong "would come in mad one day and shoot people. He seemed like that kind of guy."

Donald Ackley, another former Shop Vac employee, said Voong "kept to himself but made some of off-the-wall comments like he wanted to kill the President."

It was unclear if Voong was threatening the life of former President Bush or President Obama.

Greene said Voong's conversations often focused on weapons. "He went to target practice on Saturday. He said he had two guns, one in his glove compartment. He was always talking about his guns."

But around his home in nearby Johnson City, Voong was known as an attentive son and quiet neighbor.

Neighbors said he was often seen helping his dad, Henry, tend the succulent apples and berries he grew behind his modest frame house.

"They're a nice family, they're great neighbors," said Barbara Monell, 25, who lives next door. "My nephews go over to eat his apples and berries. They're always invited to come over and eat his fruit."

Voong came to the United States from Vietnam with his family when he was young, a source said. He had a brother and a sister, who told The Associated Press her brother couldn't have been the killer.

"How? He didn't have a gun," said the woman, who did not give her name. "I think somebody involved, not him. I think he got shot by somebody else."

Voong's identification was found on the killer's body, police said. The car Voong used to get to the center was registered to his dad.

Mahmoon Shafi, 53, said he fixed Voong's boiler and water heater late last year, and remembers him as a troubled man.

"He was a very nice guy, but he seemed very, very depressed," said Shafi.

Voong often mentioned that his wife and kids had left him, Shafi said.

"He once said to me, 'I did everything good for everybody, but nobody ever did anything good for me.'"

This masscre is still being looked into by the Local Police NYS Troopers, and the FBI has received extensive international news coverage.

c)2009 NY Daily News, Inc. mlysiak@nydailynews.com

Oh, my bad...

Well, for my knowledge of brains... That guy who killed so many people really probably think 'These immigrants are taking our jobs, we have no jobs now!'

He's an immigrant himself. Why would he be talking about this? And dude, he works at IBM. Rarely would recent immigrants claim the jobs of such employees. Plus, in such a fiscal situation, he could blame the CEOs for laying off people, not the recent immigrants.

As to the article, this guy is a misanthrope. The mass murderers of the recent events are known to be antisocial.

He's an immigrant himself. Why would he be talking about this? And dude, he works at IBM. Rarely would recent immigrants claim the jobs of such employees. Plus, in such a fiscal situation, he could blame the CEOs for laying off people, not the recent immigrants.

As to the article, this guy is a misanthrope. The mass murderers of the recent events are known to be antisocial.

and antisocial 'quiet' guys like this one are the most troubling since they fly under the radar for getting mental help that could pervent these tragdies.

and antisocial 'quiet' guys like this one are the most troubling since they fly under the radar for getting mental help that could prvent these tragdies.

Same case with Cho two years ago.

Sad thing is, you can't throw them into the psych ward until it's too late. Didn't Cho refuse counselling or something?

Now back to this guy, why would he love guns?

Well, that is yeaterday. I haven't had enough info. I cannot listen to an unreliable source. Well, he had also took classes at that particular immigration center but, he feels people is making fun of him about his skills on the english language so he did this 'coward-ick' thing...

Where you get this information? I don't listen to unreliable sources either.

Hunting for sustenance, law-enforcement and personal defence?

But under what he said, it seems like none. So there's no appropriate use for a gun, under his pacifist terms.

MTR i would love for guns/violence to disapper off the planet myself and for forever. However i am a 'realistic' person firstly and I know in my lifetime at least guns are not going away. That why i listed those statement in my views for the NRA.

Again IMO if the NRA was not so popular imo gun violence goes down 25% at least or more with senisble gun laws.

News: WCBS 880 and 1010 Wins...

Too many chickens are killed for people's knowledge. And appropriate use of guns is: for self-defense, law-enforcement and for practice (without shooting living things)...

Why? Appropriate things described above...

Actually as a news nut i get my news from everywhere. However the best news orgnzation in the US is NPR(national public radio). They may be 'liberal' tainted but at least they give all sides of the story unlike liberal stations like CBS(ie WCBS-AM and 1010 WINS are cBS affliates)ABC/Disney, NBC or xonsrtative views from Fox-TV, the New York Post and Fox/5 in NYC.

Overseas i watch either the BBC or ITN two Brirtish news outlets considered one of the best in the world.

Archived