American idol

BJC

Ok,I don't watch this show,but it's getting to the point this show is starting to get old each season.Nothing new come out of seaone.it's the same old,same old,so you think it's time to cut this show?

Ok,I don't watch this show,but it's getting to the point this show is starting to get old each season.Nothing new come out of seaone.it's the same old,same old,so you think it's time to cut this show?

I am also 'bored' with "AI." Biggest problem is this show imo is that so overhyped ie post show blogs, etc.

As long as Simon Cromwell stays on as "America's most famous judge/talent' this show will go on for a while. Its still the #1 show most watched in US.

If Simon leaves, then the show ratings will drop. I used to watch "idol" alll the time but now i am bored with it.

I love music and can torelate it sometimes as i only watch the opening weeks ie audtions and the finals. A show i really wish that could be gone is "Survior.'

Well, this year isn't as cool as the years with Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks/Katherine McPhee/Daughtry, Jordin Sparks/Blake Lewis and David Cook/David Archuleta. I would personally be online more than watching this A.I. for this year.

In no order, my favorite former AI perfomers are Daughtry(i dont know why he did not win the contest season he was on imo)Jennifer Hudson Clay Aiken and Jordin Sparks. Just brought Daughtry's first cd this past Christmas.

Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are 'goregous looking ladies' but way overrated. Clarkson and Underson imo only won 'idol' in recent years because of their great looks. Not trying to sound sexist but being honest.

I am a little tired of American Idol. It's the same pattern every year, the same mediocre talent, and the same winner who never actually gets anywhere. The only person I like is Danny Gokey, and that's solely for shallow reasons.

Everybody else, I just forget about.

I am a little tired of American Idol. It's the same pattern every year, the same mediocre talent, and the same winner who never actually gets anywhere. The only person I like is Danny Gokey, and that's solely for shallow reasons.

Everybody else, I just forget about.

Rokusix what about Kelly Clarkson? Right now other than Beyonnce, Rhinna, Jessica Simpson she among the most popular and succesful (ie albums sold)Female 'pop' stars on the charts.

Kelly and to certain point, Carrie are the only Idol champions so far to have a lenghty carrer after they left the show. The others is Jennifer Hudson and Daughtery who both did not win a competation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch last night's (5/20/09) american idol final. Here story.

Adam Lambert falls in 'American Idol' upset as Kris Allen takes 2009 title

BY Jim Farber

DAILY NEWS MUSIC CRITIC

Wednesday, May 20th 2009

The underdog is the new "American Idol."

Clean-cut country boy Kris Allen knocked glam god Adam Lambert off his pedestal last night, becoming the series' eighth title and 2009 winner.

It might be the most surprising upset in the show's history since the judges - including tough guy Simon Cowell - often favored Lambert's wild performances.

Even though the flamboyant Lambert appeared to be the favorite, it was never a foregone conclusion he would win the final vote, which host Ryan Seacrest revealed to be "just under 100 million" - beating last year's tally of 97.5 million.

The expulsion of Danny Gokey two weeks ago may have given Allen, 23, a boost since both are more conventional and down-to-earth than Lambert, 27.

Lambert's sexuality was also a wild card - with a singing and fashion style reminsicent of gay icons from Queen singer Freddie Mercury to k.d. lang.

Over the past few months, pictures have surfaced of Lambert kissing other men, while Allen has often talked about his wife and his church attendance.

And simple geography may have been on Allen's side.

Five past Idol winners have been from southern states, and he hails from Conway, Ark., about as deep in the South as you can get.

Allen didn't challenge the top-rated show's core values. On stage, he exuded all the edginess of a modest Bible student who just happened to look like a teen idol.

By contrast, Lambert positioned himself as a revolutionary with his eyeliner, nail polish and jet-black dye job - and aligned himself with two left-of-mainstream genres, glam-rock and goth.

His over-the-top style, complete with a patented shriek, impressed some but turned off others.

Tensions were high as Lambert and Allen went into the final round of competition on Tuesday.

Lambert revived his celebrated take on Tears For Fears' "Mad World," and performed a rocking version of Sam Cooke's "Change Gonna Come" plus a song co-written by new judge Kara DioGuardi.

Allen offered up his versions of Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine" and Marvin Gaye's "What's Goin' On," along with his own take on the DioGuardi song.

After the sing-off, the judges lavished considerable praise on both singers and neither seemed to score a knockout win.

It would appear the voters took stock of each candidate's whole package - style, talent and character - and picked the one who looked and acted most like them.

c)2009 NY Daily News, Inc. jfarber@nydailynews.com

Reactions? Was the votes fixed and this 'upset' done to get back viewers?

Archived