CBTC the (L)

553 Bridgeton

I guess the train don't know it got to break early because the wheels slip when the rail is wet. A reg T/O knows to brake early.

Don't know why they don't add it. If you're going to do something, you should do it right the first time. Freight locomotives have wheel slip indicators that let the Locomotive Engineer know that the train is slipping.

Don't know why they don't add it. If you're going to do something, you should do it right the first time. Freight locomotives have wheel slip indicators that let the Locomotive Engineer know that the train is slipping.

If (MTA) did equip the R143s or any CBTC type of train, would it require an additional part or just a computer update? The brakes are already there with a substantial amount of technology, which is why I should see it simple to upgrade.

If (MTA) did equip the R143s or any CBTC type of train, would it require an additional part or just a computer update? The brakes are already there with a substantial amount of technology, which is why I should see it simple to upgrade.

There is no such thing as a "simple" upgrade invloving the MTA.

I guess the train don't know it got to break early because the wheels slip when the rail is wet. A reg T/O knows to brake early.

If the trains are slipping in the rain, fault the T/os operating on the line. They are supposed to inform the RCC of the inclement weather conditions, so that they (the RCC) can activate the "Wet Rail" braking to compensate for the slip.

When there's a station overrun due to ATO does the computer get taken out back and spanked, or is it just a nonevent?

My guess would be if there was a station overrun in ATO the T/O still gets taken out of service. The T/O is held responsible for EVERYTHING down here!

If the trains are slipping in the rain, fault the T/os operating on the line. They are supposed to inform the RCC of the inclement weather conditions, so that they (the RCC) can activate the "Wet Rail" braking to compensate for the slip.

That Wet rail is a joke. The train still slides with it on.

Archived