Windows 7 release candidate (RC) available to the public.

mark1447

Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) - Build 7100 Public Download Links Are Live

Windows_7.png

Shot of Win7 RC1 More Shots of this build here: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-7-RC-and-RTM-Branch-Builds-7100-and-7106-200-Screenshot-Gallery-110168.shtml

It looks like Microsoft has learned its lesson with the delivery of Windows 7 Beta Build 7000. The Redmond company jumped the gun on the pre-announced deadline for the availability of the Release Candidate development milestone and started serving the bits a day early, with downloads running smooth. At this point in time, both the 32-bit and the 64-bit flavors of Windows 7 RC are available for public download. What does this mean? Unlike on April 30, when only MSDN and TechNet subscribers were allowed access to the bits, now all users can download their own copy of Windows 7 RC Build 7100.0.090421-1700, completely free, as well as get the product keys from Microsoft to activate the platform.

“You don't need to rush to get the RC. The RC will be available at least through July 2009 and we're not limiting the number of product keys, so you have plenty of time,” Microsoft revealed in the documentation accompanying the RC download. Build 7100 is available in no less than five languages: English, German, Japanese, French, and Spanish. Microsoft is no longer offering the Hindi and Arabic variants as it did with Beta Build 7100, replacing the localized versions with French and Spanish. The only reason why Hindi and Arabic were considered for the Beta of Windows 7 was the need to run Globalization Engineering tests.

“Watch the calendar. The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you’ll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010. You’ll also need to install the programs and data that you want to use,” Microsoft added.

The software giant is encouraging users willing to test drive Windows 7 Release Candidate to either perform a clean install, or to upgrade from Windows Vista. Instructions on how to upgrade from Beta Build 7000 or a pre-RC release to Build 7100 can be found here. This link will provide you with an insight into Windows 7 Release Candidate in case you are not yet convinced to try the operating system out.

MINIMUM System Requirements for "WINDOWS NT VERSION 6.1 RC1(W7)

Processor speed 1.0 GHz

Memory (RAM) X86(32 Bit)= 1 GB (512MB minimum supported) X64(64 Bit)= 2 GB

Graphics card DirectX 9 graphics device with 128MB of memory(for Aero) and WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

HDD free space X86(32 Bit)= 16 GB X64(64 Bit)= 20 GB

Note that Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 will be killed within a month or two.

Get Windows 7 Release Candidate 1 via here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

Stages for this OS: Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Pre-Beta, Beta, Pre- RC, RC, Pre-RTM(Private/Leak Builds), RTM(GOLD), General Availability/RTM(AKA Final Release)

Downloaded, installed it the put it on VMware(heck no im going to partition my HD. That is crazy!) and I say, its not bad. Now if I only have a computer with lots of memory and a quad core so it can run way better than on my laptop. I mean, running 2 OSes and it has to share memory with the whole computer, I couldn't deal with either the laggyness(is that how you spell it?) or having your computer to explode because you used up all your memory. I would want to use that until it expires but its too much to handle to such a 17" laptop.

That is my "review".

Downloaded, installed it the put it on VMware(heck no im going to partition my HD. That is crazy!) and I say, its not bad. Now if I only have a computer with lots of memory and a quad core so it can run way better than on my laptop. I mean, running 2 OSes and it has to share memory with the whole computer, I couldn't deal with either the laggyness(is that how you spell it?) or having your computer to explode because you used up all your memory. I would want to use that until it expires but its too much to handle to such a 17" laptop.

That is my "review".

Acually when you Dual boot, you are not sharing RAM, its just using the same one. If you have Windows XP SP3 installed and Windows 7 on a separate partition on the same HDD, you open Windows 7, and it uses the RAM seeing that XP is not running until you choose to in the Dual Boot Start up.. It will be slow of course in VM/VPC as the RAM on your system is sharing RAM to the guest.. Depends on how much you have and shared~

For everyone else, hopefully you guys really switch, to be honest this sure beats Vista and XP! XP I love but Windows 7 is now number 1 on my list~! And od note that XP Support ends in 2014, plus MSFT is no longer making new XP components as of April 14, 2009. IE8 is last, no Windows Media Player 12 for XP, Windows Live Messenger (MSN Messenger) to be final and so on..~!

Acually when you Dual boot, you are not sharing RAM, its just using the same one. If you have Windows XP SP3 installed and Windows 7 on a separate partition on the same HDD, you open Windows 7, and it uses the RAM seeing that XP is not running until you choose to in the Dual Boot Start up.. It will be slow of course in VM/VPC as the RAM on your system is sharing RAM to the guest.. Depends on how much you have and shared~

Yeah I know. There is a possibility that i will partition my HDD for that around the weekend yet I hope I can still use the same product key and just delete the other one.

Yeah I know. There is a possibility that i will partition my HDD for that around the weekend yet I hope I can still use the same product key and just delete the other one.

Which product key you got? If its the MSFT one they are all the same for everyone. Theres like 10-20 different keys, each used by all..

BTW if you ever want to delete the partition you can do so of course.

Which product key you got? If its the MSFT one they are all the same for everyone. Theres like 10-20 different keys, each used by all..

BTW if you ever want to delete the partition you can do so of course.

Ah ok maybe I will partition soon then and now im starting to underestimate Windows 7 on VMware. Its not running as bad as before. A little laggy at some points but its ok! (I'm using Win 7 when I typed this)

Archived