Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Urbanfortitude

So I was about to head home from Columbus Circle when...

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

Originally i was gonna go straight home but i just couldnt resist heheh!

I received this email today from the MTA's Transit Museum division. I inquired a farewell trip and this is what I got back:

"The Museum is not responsible for farewell trips of this kind, and as far as I know, New York City Transit has not made any plans for any kind of commemorative trip on the Slant R40s. The final day of service is supposed to be this week. A 10-car train has been running today and will most likely continue in service tomorrow and Friday. You should know that one pair of Slant R40s has been designated for preservation as part of the Museum collection."

I guess this means that the R40s will officially retire on Friday then. Good news for those who can't get enough of the R40s yet, like myself! :P

I saw a R40 on the (A) heading towards Manhattan today around 5:40 at Jay street Boro Hall

Sure enough, a northbound (A) train pulled out of Nostrand Avenue at 5:15 this afternoon. Need I say which train it was???

Nice catch, only a few more days left

Yup, Friday's the last day. Get your memory cards ready, we're going to be in for a final ride of our lives!