•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    - - - - -

The next T/o train operator exam

• Please log in to reply
    12 replies to this topic

#1 07490

• 14 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:46 AM

Hello all, I want like to know when will be the next train operator exam, Open competitive or promotional?

#2 mark1447

mark1447
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 12,011 posts
    • LocationDriving on NJ/NY Route 17

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:03 AM

Well the last filling was last yr, so your gonna have to wait till 2012 or around to sign up for T/O and C/R Exams.. I suggest you do something else for now. (MTA) does it every 4-5 Yrars.
    -Mark1447
    Like Transit? Click me to check this Youtube Channel! [IRT (2)&<5> Line Productions]

#3 Y2Julio

Y2Julio
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,381 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:29 AM

It will be 2013, not 2012. The last T/O application period was in 2008 and the one before that was in 2003, so that's 5 years.
    Nemo me inpune lacessit

#4 Tricknologist

Tricknologist
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 171 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

It will be 2013, not 2012. The last T/O application period was in 2008 and the one before that was in 2003, so that's 5 years.

So it's safe to say that those who have good list #s from 8094 will have the opportunity to take the next promotional T/O exam. Isn't probation only a year for Conductors?

#5 Rapid Transit TO

Rapid Transit TO
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 282 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

Hello all, I want like to know when will be the next train operator exam, Open competitive or promotional?

As stated, ity just passed, but don't fret.. Take any Transit open competetive test.. You need to start counting the 25 years fro the pension. They can be in any title as a full time employee. When the TO test comes around, you can take it then..

#6 Y2Julio

Y2Julio
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,381 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

So it's safe to say that those who have good list #s from 8094 will have the opportunity to take the next promotional T/O exam. Isn't probation only a year for Conductors?

If you have great numbers on both, yeah.
    Nemo me inpune lacessit

#7 Pelham Bay Dave

Pelham Bay Dave
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,354 posts
    • LocationManhattan

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:21 PM

1 Year probation for all hourly's and 2 Years probation for Supervisiors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 SubwayGuy

SubwayGuy
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 7,488 posts
    • LocationEarth

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:44 PM

It will be a while...4-5 years...it's not an exact science when the tests come out but that's usually a safe bet...till then as Rapid Transit T/O said take any tests you can to get in...easier to move up than get in
    Be American. Buy American.
    http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/

#9 cdi919

cdi919
    • Transit Worker
    • PipPip
    • 608 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:45 AM

1 Year probation for all hourly's and 2 Years probation for Supervisiors

its a 1 year probation for supervisiors also because its still civil service. TA says its 2 but if something happens after 1 and they try to put you back, you can fight it in court because it violates civil service law.

#10 bobct09

bobct09
    • 4 posts
    • LocationCT

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

is the next 2014 train operator exam will be open competitive or promotional? 

Legal Disclaimer: The NYC Transit Forums website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes.
    This website is no way connected or affiliated with the MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) or any other related transportation agency.
    It also claims no rights to the trademarks of MTA, NJT, Amtrak and any other listed transportation agency logo on this website.