(A) line question

lilbluefoxie

A few years ago I was on the (A) to 190th for a class trip. I remember one part on the trip up there the train went thru this one station that looked like it was two levels and it was going from the top level to the bottom level. Does anyone know which station that was? Its defenetly on my list of things to do when I go to Manhattan again, find that section of subway.

Yeah it could be like he said 103rd, It Starts at South 103rd going down to where the Downtown Lcl/Exp is at stays there for like 2-3 blocks and goes further down to allow the Local Track to go over it, then head up on 110th Street. But thats for Uptown and the Bronx only.

If its a 190th, i dunno. Although there is 2 express track thats at 200th and Dyckman which is for 207 yd access hats different..

It was 103rd Street. That is simply my favorite station in the entire system because the run on the express is awesome! (You could take the (A) or (D) there.) But you have to start at 59th Street because there are no express stations between 59th and 125th.

That is not in 190th. It is the express track between 103 and 110th Street – Cathedral Parkway.

190th was my final destination, i wasnt saying that was the station.

Also whats a good way to ride thru this station, Im a bit worried about stopping in Harlem, especially with a big camera. I suppose I could ride (A) to 190 again and go back. 190 is also an interesting station because its got an elevator to get in and out. That park there is also nice to visit.

190th was my final destination, i wasnt saying that was the station

so its down with 103rd right? If you notice an increase in speed on the train that could be it, espeically at 110th st when the (A)(D) gets way down and up before slowing down north of 116th to merge with St. Nicholas..

190th was my final destination, i wasnt saying that was the station.

Also whats a good way to ride thru this station, Im a bit worried about stopping in Harlem, especially with a big camera. I suppose I could ride (A) to 190 again and go back. 190 is also an interesting station because its got an elevator to get in and out. That park there is also nice to visit.

Heh...103rd ain't what it used to be 20, heck, even 10 years ago. Anytime 9-9 during the day you will be fine, possibly even later too but just giving you the "safe play".

Archived