Some SAS Launch Box Photos + Bonuses from 04/30/09

R32 3348

Haven't posted pics in a while. Here's a subway pic from April:

DSCF3947.jpg

(7) laid up (notice the lack of green)

...and now for the launch box pics. I'm only going to post up 5 or so as highlights, and if you want more you can check out the full album (which has a lot more stuff other than SAS as well).

Launch Box (04/30/09 – Check full album for more)

DSCF4123.jpg

DSCF4119.jpg

DSCF4154.jpg

DSCF4137.jpg

DSCF4139.jpg

DSCF4161.jpg

Bonuses

DSCF4187.jpg

DSCF4190.jpg

DSCF4188.jpg

Full Album

Metro North, SAS Launch Box, East Side Buses 04/30/09

Comments are welcome, enjoy!

ooo Nice catches, This sounds more like a 2000-2001 Strip Map, cuz thats the last 2 yrs of the (Q6) and (F) via the 53rd St. Tracks

Do you know whats the car number on this R142A (6)?

But wats werid is the (Q) and (Q6) ran during the same time in the same yr? Or Half of the yr 2001?

ooo Nice catches, This sounds more like a 2000-2001 Strip Map, cuz thats the last 2 yrs of the (Q6) and (F) via the 53rd St. Tracks

But wats werid is the (Q) and (Q6) ran during the same time in the same yr? Or Half of the yr 2001?

(Q6), until Friday, July 20, 2001. (Q), Sunday, July 22, 2001 until today...

Cool photos...

I don't know the car number but I know cars 7654 and 7653 have them too. I think this was a 7600 series car. They didn't run at the same time; if you look closely you can see that the (Q) is stickered on, as it is on every strip map. They just didn't fix the rest of the strip map. There's also a few cars with (F)(V)(S) at Bleecker St.

BTW, as for your other question, the Second Avenue Business Association was created so the businesses could get funding, since the construction is causing people to think the stores are closed, etc. I don't think they're getting any funding, but if you visit http://www.thelaunchbox.blogspot.com and check the right sidebar you will see some links that can help you find out more.

That was an excellent production. :cool:

To veer off topic just for these two posts... Avenue (Q6) definitely was.

Notice to everyone: If you have not yet seen Avenue (Q6), PLEASE... do yourself a favor and go see it. There is something for everyone to enjoy in that play, even if you don't like plays or musicals or the theatre.

Back to the original topic and the SAS: regardless of cut and cover or tunnel boring or mining/C&C, every section of that avenue is going to be feeling some ebb and flow of business for a long, long time; at least until the line is completed and service is implemented. I feel bad for the store owners along that strip, but those who can stick it out will probably see a noticeable boom in their business once trains run through that area.

Archived