IND Lines

bigrene18

Well this is new. I never noticed it before....

It's not new nor is it an unused track way. That is open space above where the lower level tracks go off to the Bronx. Infact, there is a hole in the floor and if you look down you can see the tracks the (:P(D) use.

I think there is also one just east of the 63rd Drive-Rego Park station on the (R) & (V).

Yes there is, it was intended to go to the Rockaways or something. This can be inferred by the tablets there.

And do me a favour, can you not double post several times in a row just to bring up your post count? I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's better for other readers if you keep your thoughts into one post. If you have more, click the edit button. No need to post several times in a row on the same thread.

read this question word for word before attacking then you won't sound ludacris. please lets be civilized boys alot of time on your hands to attack on a computer. lets see youBoys pull that off in public!:mad:

I am being very clam, I was simply saying thatthe area north of Jay Street is open space. I did not see that the OP also wanted unused track ways and how is anything I said ludacris? Where was the attack and why is it so important anyway?

Off-topic, but I assume you two meant "ludicrous" and not Ludacris the rapper.

Well, I found lots of provisions was actually built or started for the IND Second System....

Built-but-never-used upper level station above the active Roosevelt Avenue platforms on the (E), (F), (G), (R), and (V) lines, and the bellmouths east of the station, next to the local tracks.

Bellmouths east of 63rd Drive-Rego Park on the (G), (R) and (V) lines.

Unused trackways on both sides of the Woodhaven Blvd station on the (G), (R) and (V) lines.

Bellmouths existed south of the Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd station on the (E) and (F). These are now used for the (E) going towards Jamaica Center–Parsons/Archer, via Archer Ave. Line.

The 2 level, 8 tail/relay tracks east of 179 Street on the (F).

The tail tracks after 205 Street on the (D) line.

North of Grand Street on the (B) and (D).

Express tracks east of 2nd Avenue on the (F) and (V).

Blow-out in the tunnel south of Canal Street on the (E).

Unused trackway on the northern end on the upper level at East Broadway on the (F).

2nd Avenue end of the 2nd Avenue station on the (F) and (V).

Upper Level station shell above Utica Avenue on the (A) and (C).

Upper Level station shell above the Broadway station on the (G).

Behind the walls at Nostrand Ave on the Lower Level (C).

Hillside Ave, around 212th Street. A station shell built over there. Somewhere I read, that the skylights was built on the islands or on the sidewalk.

Around Alley Pond Park, (I forgot where) with some tunnel and maybe a portal built there.

Between 7th Avenue and Church Avenue on the (F) and (G). There is a bellmouth on the express tracks level, which would be the start of a line to run down Ft. Hamilton Pkwy, and eventually going to Staten Island.

Extention of the (A) and (C) lines east of the Euclid Avenue station, which was to connect with the route coming south from Van Wyck Blvd and going to Springfield Blvd.

The middle track at Bedford-Nostrand Avenue on the (G).

Bellmouths east of the Lexington Avenue/63rd Street station on the (F) train.

Middle trackway at Classon Avenue on the (G).

A bellmouth south of the West Fourth Street–Washington Square station on the (F) and (V) trains, next to the Queens-bound local track.

Other provisions for lines that is not part of the IND 2nd System, but on other existing IND Lines:

Tail tracks east of Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer, on the upper level (E).

A Bellmouth east of the 21st Street-Queensbridge station on the (F).

Bellmouths east of the Broadway Junction station on the (A) and (C) lines.

Between 7th Avenue and Church Avenue on the (F) and (G). There is a bellmouth on the express tracks level, which would be the start of a line to run down Ft. Hamilton Pkwy, and eventually going to Staten Island.

This one has never been confermed, I have seen it and it looks more like a structural oddity then a bellmouth.

A bellmouth south of the West Fourth Street–Washington Square station on the (F) and (V) trains, next to the Queens-bound local track.

This one is not a bellmouth, it is open space because the 8th Ave local tracks are above it.

Now when you say found, do you mean that you have personally seen them or have you just read or been told about them?

This one has never been confermed, I have seen it and it looks more like a structural oddity then a bellmouth.

There are plans under the Second System for a subway travelling under Fort Hamilton Parkway going straight to Staten Island. Another spur would terminate at 86th Street in Brooklyn.

No, it's a bellmouth.

This one is not a bellmouth, it is open space because the 8th Ave local tracks are above it.

It is a bellmouth, not a "open space". It's before the merge onto the 8th Avenue line local tracks. This bellmouth is at the curve in the IND 6th Avenue subway from under Houston Street to 6th Avenue.

Now when you say found, do you mean that you have personally seen them or have you just read or been told about them?

I have personally seen them, and by looking at some pictures of them on the web.

No, it's a bellmouth.

It is a bellmouth, not a "open space". It's before the merge onto the 8th Avenue line local tracks. This bellmouth is at the curve in the IND 6th Avenue subway from under Houston Street to 6th Avenue.

I have personally seen them, and by looking at some pictures of them on the web.

#1. Ok if you say so.

#2. I have asked many old timers from the TA and that is not a bellmouth, plus where would it go?

Archived