Hello, hope you can help!

koko81760

My name is Annette, I have a CDL with passenger endorsement. I am a School bus driver of 18 yrs. as much as I enjoy my students I am ready for a change. I live in Houston Tx. but I am wanting to move to NYC soon. And I have heard alot good things about MTA, and I am very interested in working for MTA driving a bus. So I was hoping if anyone can lead me to the right path in applying. I have gone to the MTA site but I can't find where to apply. I am going to NY in Sept. for a week and I am hoping that I can that I can find out what I need to do. So if anyone can help I would be so thankful. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the NYC Transit Forums Community.

Annette Mooneyham

Evening Miss :P! Welcome to NYCTF and do enjoy your ride. I'm a New Yorker, unemployed , just graduated High School in june 2009, at the moment but will get a job over the summer until the MTA calls me for Train Conductor.

I hope you enjoy yourself in NYC of course. If you have any questions regarding Bus Operator (B/O) you can create a topic here:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145

but before you do so, check and see if any related topics have been created.

You may also check out the B/Os FAQ created by Y2JULIO forum Staff: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10443

If nothing helps then proceed with making a topic. Do enjoy your stay and Good Luck!

PLEASE NOTE: That there are 3 different divisions of B/O services including Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority(MaBSTOA), New York City Transit (Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island), MTA Bus Company(Deals with Most Queens/Brooklyn Routes as well as Express Buses and others). So requirements are different, but some the same....

My name is Annette, I have a CDL with passenger endorsement. I am a School bus driver of 18 yrs. as much as I enjoy my students I am ready for a change. I live in Houston Tx. but I am wanting to move to NYC soon. And I have heard alot good things about MTA, and I am very interested in working for MTA driving a bus. So I was hoping if anyone can lead me to the right path in applying. I have gone to the MTA site but I can't find where to apply. I am going to NY in Sept. for a week and I am hoping that I can that I can find out what I need to do. So if anyone can help I would be so thankful. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the NYC Transit Forums Community.

Annette Mooneyham

The last exam for NYCT was last April, not sure when the next one will be. The previous exam before that one was in 2006. Don't think there will be another bus operator exam next year. To give you an idea, 4,885 passed the 2006 exam and 3,757 passed the 2008 exam. It's not an easy exam. Here is a link from the last exam just to give you an idea about the process.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/noes/200808006000.pdf

I don't know much about the hiring process for MTA Bus but either way it takes a few years to become a B/O for the MTA. Good luck.

Welcome: You're off to a good start with the time "years" u have behind u in driving a bus. To be a B/O for MTA is a good job. It maybe some time before the next test comes out. So when you get here in NYC. focus on getting to know it well. So you'll see if you can deal with the traffic here or not. you have 5 boroughs Staten Island, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn & Manhattan any one of them you would be sent to. So it would be good for you to take that time to know them well enough for yourself. Being able to drive well is the biggest part of it. but there are other things you will need to know just as well. at this time I'm not a B/O for MTA. But I do know that MTA has their way they want you to drive. So you would do well to read some of the post that have been put up about B/O. It's alot of helpful info on here. :tup: I hope all works out for you.

Archived