Breaking news!...Vick signs with the Eagles

jfkdepot09

Mike vick sign a two year deal with the eagles....1.6 million year 1 and up to 5 million for da 2nd year....(club op).....

I feel vick have change his life...and all that's behind....now let's play football...

(J)(F)(K)....(JFK)

While i was angry at what Vick did, he does deserve a '2nd chance.' Actually i thought a team like the Cowboys Redskins or Raiders might have sign him.

I hope the PETA freaks leave him alone as Vick already went to jail.

I guess Vick will be a WR/"wide out' aka Kordell Stewart w/ the Steelers in the late 1990's and 'emgerceny' 3-string QB to Randall.

Well I thought pitt...texans redskins........packers....ramsor even da pathners.......but hudson the eagles back up qb is hurt so vick will be 2nd .....and we know mcnabb will get hurt.....anyway I think he will come in for the wildcat... but I'm happpy fo da guy...he made a mistake...and he learn fro it....and hopefully petadoes not make a scene

(J)(F)(K)....(JFK)

Well I thought pitt...texans redskins........packers....ramsor even da pathners.......but hudson the eagles back up qb is hurt so vick will be 2nd .....and we know mcnabb will get hurt.....anyway I think he will come in for the wildcat... but I'm happpy fo da guy...he made a mistake...and he learn fro it....and hopefully petadoes not make a scene

(J)(F)(K)....(JFK)

woops mistype i meant Dovovan the Eagles QB. Why i am thinking Randall Cuningham lol.

I am sickened by this horrifying turn of events.

:eek: :confused: :P :cry: :mad: :tdown:

I will never root for that dog murderer. :tdown: :tdown::tdown: :tdown:

633515408813814239-epic-fail---trainwreck.jpg

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

- A

:confused:For those of you who feel that Micheal Vick should never play in the NFL here an excellent column written by so called 'dog lover' and 'vegetarian', NY Daily News Columinst Flip Bondy.

Michael Vick did his time for dogfighting, so give him a pass after inking deal with Eagles-Flip Bondy NY Daily News Sports Columnist

Friday, August 14th 2009

Michael Vick makes me sick to my stomach - a stomach that hasn't digested a shred of meat in 39 years.

Vick performed reprehensible acts, bankrolling and organizing tortuous dog fights. We've heard the gruesome details, seen the photos, until they almost stop meaning much anymore. Vick participated in the cruel annihilation of animals. He still doesn't always sound as if he really gets it, either, like when he tells James Brown in a "60 Minutes" interview to be aired this weekend, "I should have took the initiative to stop it all. I didn't. I didn't step up. I wasn't a leader."

The trouble is that Vick was very much a leader, in the worst way imaginable. He was the man at the center of these horrific events. And it would be very nice if he admitted to that, rather than rework the semantics.

But even as a vegetarian and dog lover, I still can't think of a good reason why Vick shouldn't play or sit on the bench for the Philadelphia Eagles; why a man who served nearly two years of prison time shouldn't get his shot at throwing a football again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/08/14/2009-08-14_michael_vick_did_his_time.html

c)2009 NY Daily News, Inc. fjbondy@netscape.net

If Bondy feel this way, I am sure many 'vegeterians' not counting PETA members, have the same view. Vick is a low life imo, but the NFL is a violent sport and i feel his should get a 2nd (and final) chance.

Where was Peta when other NFL players in the past and present have beaten up their wives/girlfriends? Or more recently with Donte Stallworth killing another human being while being drunk? Many members of PETA are hypocritics imo on that scernio.:mad:

Reactions?

My whole family is utterly shocked and unsure what to do when the iggles take the field this upcoming season. No one i know thinks this was a good move.

PETA might have some fringe thinking here and there, but they are 100% correct in their assesment of what he has done and that he should nto be allowed to play again. If me or my family did this, we'd be shunned by everyone for many, many years, probably get fired etc, yet this guy does it, and then my iggles pay him more money than i'll ever see in my lifetime to play ONE season. Unacceptable.

:tdown: :mad: :tdown: :cry: :tdown: :P

- A

Metsfan did you read the column from Bondy who claims to be an animal lover?

Yep, 2x. My family raises service dogs, and fosters rescues, and does puppy sitting, and i can tell you we are very horrified at this turn of events.

- A

Yep, 2x. My family raises service dogs, and fosters rescues, and does puppy sitting, and i can tell you we are very horrified at this turn of events.

- A

I do agree that Vick was way overpayed and should get only the NFL minuium salary for rookies ie $500,000 with 1/2 of his yearly paycheck going to charties like the ASPCA. However Metsfan there no rule in current NFL contract between Owners/Management and the players union that bars a player for life for a felony.

So those like Metsfan against players like Vick that have felonies a better idea is to send pentitions/letters to the NFL owners television partners (ie Fox, CBS, NBC and ESPN) and players union so in the future that any current player or coach/team executive that gets a felony automatically gets a lifetime ban. The new collectve baraging agreement ends after next season(the 2010/11 NFL season)

With that said, where was the media attention when 2 other players w/ imo worse legal troubles in recent years w/ Ray Lewis and 'Pacman' Jones.

Both indirectly involved w/ felonies w/ Lewis 'friends' killing a man at a nightclub before a super bowl several years back. Or Jones involved with a gang that almost killed a man at a Vegas nightclub and he will never walk again. Both since have played in the NFL. Yet when Jones and Lewis returned very little media coverage of their crimes.:mad:

Meanwhile on sports talk shows across the country, including NYC's WFAN-AM and of course Philly's WIP-AM, the Vick return has flooded the phones. Not to mention yesterday on ESPN 'sportscenter' spending countless hours on Vick and his new team the Eagles including sending several reporters to Philly.

I am personally not a fan of Vick(he has 'legal trouble since being a teen' including time as a gang member)but animal cruelty goes beyond him. How about in rest of world, thousands of animals being killed every day and yet the US media makes little or no mention of it. Also Dogfighting, undercover mostly in rural small towns of America secretly will sadly continue.

And a couple of Vick supporters trying to bring up the 'race card' they are also way out of line imo:tdown:. Vick actions were horrible and deserved the jail time/loss of salary.

Until the NFL creates a new rule that players convicted of felonies is gone forever can be made, Vick should have a 'final chance' to play especially if Ray Lewis and Pacman Jones could get back in NFL after their incidents. And any 'screw ups' on or off the field he then deserves never to play pro football ever again.

Heres my opinion. Michael Vick yes he did a bad thing but does it have anything to do with football? So he should be banned from the NFL cause he did something that totally has nothing to do with football?

What vick does outside of the NFL thats his issue, it shouldn't affect his football life.

So he should be banned from the NFL cause he did something that totally has nothing to do with football?

Dependent on the act/activity, Absolutely he should....

It sets a precedent.

---------------------

The NFL has the highest tolerance for keeping "troubled" players in their league, out of the 4 major sports..... way too lenient, way too... soft (how's that for irony) in that regard....

I was, and still am livid that this guy's back in the NFL... I don't believe in giving felons a second chance (this includes any family members, so please don't bring up that weak counter-point).... Had the common man did what Vick did, he would be under the jail, I don't care if he's black, white, yellow, red, whatever.....

He doesn't come off as sincere to me... although I will say he's less brazen about his acts than that clown Pacman Jones is.... is he still in the league? how many more "second chances" is that fool gonna get....

Was is a smart football move for the Eagles? Can't call it (yet)... but all this talk about the wildcat formation... lmao... McNabb can barely run anymore; no defense in their right mind's gonna be fooled by mcnabb lining up as a receiver or a tight end: what DB/LB is he gonna beat in open space? and if vick lines up as a receiver, he's gonna get punished - there's a difference running with ball-in-hand already (QB), than waiting for the ball to come to you before you do all those fancy moves (WR)... only thing defenses will have to worry about, is the direct snap; b/c both of them are (athletic) QB's w/ arms.....

Dependent on the act/activity, Absolutely he should....

It sets a precedent.

---------------------

The NFL has the highest tolerance for keeping "troubled" players in their league, out of the 4 major sports..... way too lenient, way too... soft (how's that for irony) in that regard....

I was, and still am livid that this guy's back in the NFL... I don't believe in giving felons a second chance (this includes any family members, so please don't bring up that weak counter-point).... Had the common man did what Vick did, he would be under the jail, I don't care if he's black, white, yellow, red, whatever.....

He doesn't come off as sincere to me... although I will say he's less brazen about his acts than that clown Pacman Jones is.... is he still in the league? how many more "second chances" is that fool gonna get....

Was is a smart football move for the Eagles? Can't call it (yet)... but all this talk about the wildcat formation... lmao... McNabb can barely run anymore; no defense in their right mind's gonna be fooled by mcnabb lining up as a receiver or a tight end: what DB/LB is he gonna beat in open space? and if vick lines up as a receiver, he's gonna get punished - there's a difference running with ball-in-hand already (QB), than waiting for the ball to come to you before you do all those fancy moves (WR)... only thing defenses will have to worry about, is the direct snap; b/c both of them are (athletic) QB's w/ arms.....

The collective baragining agreement bro between the NFL Owners/mangement and PLayers Union is ending after next season(Super Bowl Feb 2010 in Dallas). I am sure NFL Boss Roger Goddell and the owners will make try to neogiate this in the new CBA with the players that bans players with felonies. As a compromise, maybe a clause in the new moral clause would only allow Convicted back in cetrain special situations after a long term ban.

The NFLPA if players Vick, Jones, Ray Lewis etc w/ felonies were barred for life would probably 'sue' or even some form of legal actions and would probably win as well.

Again the only reason I support Vick being back in league is because mainly right now there is 'no rules that bar players w/ felonies' not to mention other players being allowed back. Sorry if i did not state it earlier in my posts.

Heres my opinion. Michael Vick yes he did a bad thing but does it have anything to do with football? So he should be banned from the NFL cause he did something that totally has nothing to do with football?

What vick does outside of the NFL thats his issue, it shouldn't affect his football life.

lol...that like saying if Shaq going to have a match against the Big show if Shaq get hurt,who ever team Shaq is playing for,(I don't know what team he play for now)will not have any penalty against him,because it have nothing to do with Basketball....and that why teams make the player sign a contract saying ''you won't do any extra physical activity that have nothing to do with the teams''...teams pay you a lot of money for you perform to the fullest and that little injury could screw you and the team up,because you're the best player on the team...A good example of this is Pacman Jones who was in TNA during the off season couple years ago and he weren't allow to wrestle anybody during that this stay there,because that will break his contract......I hope I'm not going off-topic,but I'm just saying....

I hope during the player into's for the Eagle games they play ''who let the dogs out''

Archived