B63?

TSOH

The B63 is a horrible route, too slow and too unreliable, the shift changes at 39th Street make it worst. Traffic along 5th Avenue can sometimes get bad with all the illegally parked cars and Atlantic Avenue is almost always clogged to the BQE. Its counterpart two blocks away, the B37 is a way better route if you're going a long distance, although its counterpart one block away, the (R) is not that reliable neither.

The B63 needs more supervisors and the implementation of short turn runs that end/begin at 5th & Pacific/Atlantic & Flatbush for speedier and more reliable trips.

The B63 is a horrible route, too slow and too unreliable, the shift changes at 39th Street make it worst. Traffic along 5th Avenue can sometimes get bad with all the illegally parked cars and Atlantic Avenue is almost always clogged to the BQE. Its counterpart two blocks away, the B37 is a way better route if you're going a long distance, although its counterpart one block away, the (R) is not that reliable neither.

The B63 needs more supervisors and the implementation of short turn runs that end/begin at 5th & Pacific/Atlantic & Flatbush for speedier and more reliable trips.

For some the B63 is good for some its bad. I think its ok. It could be worse. I does run along one of the longest if not the longest shopping routes in the Brooklyn. For a route to belong to a street like that for so long has to expect delays.

For some the B63 is good for some its bad. I think its ok. It could be worse. I does run along one of the longest if not the longest shopping routes in the Brooklyn. For a route to belong to a street like that for so long has to expect delays.

That's no excuse, if the route cannot keep up with its own schedule then the MTA needs to do everything it can (which it hasn't) to make it that it does keep up with its own schedule. Maybe it's a matter of money.

That's no excuse, if the route cannot keep up with its own schedule then the MTA needs to do everything it can (which it hasn't) to make it that it does keep up with its own schedule. Maybe it's a matter of money.

Increasing the running time, or dividing the route into two sections. IIRC, they did that with the M100, and that was how the Bx7 came into existence. The MTA can do but so much with the traffic. NYCDOT and NYPD has to enforce the double parking rules on the streets, that when motorist double park, causes significant bus delays. All three have to work on that solution.

Splitting the B63 is not a bad idea seeing most people don't use it for long distanced trips, but I don't think that would solve much except creating two overlapping unreliable routes because there would have to be traffic problems on both of the routes.

After yesterday though, I am 100% sure that the traffic on Atlantic Avenue really screws up the entire route, with the traffic in Sunset Park adding on to the Atlantic Avenue issue. I guess the MTA refuses to do it either because of problems with buses laying up over there (the Atlantic Terminal area), or simply because demand for buses is even for most of the route.

Another wild solution is to combine the 3rd and 5th Avenue routes into a 4th Avenue "super" route, except both passengers would cry foul and would probably opt for the (R) instead.

Archived