Myrtle/Wyckoff station question

SubaruWRX

I got to stop at this station for the first time early this year in march to pick up my car.. Is this the only station that shows the location of the trains on the track and the time it will arrive? I thought it was pretty cool.

It says it's realtime.. but how are they monitoring it?

I got to stop at this station for the first time early this year in march to pick up my car.. Is this the only station that shows the location of the trains on the track and the time it will arrive? I thought it was pretty cool.

It says it's realtime.. but how are they monitoring it?

Probably with ATS switching system. They do this all along the L line

Not ATS, it's tied into the CBTC system. It is the only station with this system and it it somewhat accurate.

All the stations on the (L) tell you when the next train and the train after that is comming, but that's the only station where u can see all on the trains and where they are located. You can see that in 3 locations...

1. At the 24-hour token booth

2. By the Manhattan-bound end on the platform

3. By the Canarsie-bound end of the platform

BTW its accurate every 15 seconds lol

• 3 months later...

I think Myrtle/Wyckoff has a very nice entrance. Standard subway entrance on one side of Wyckoff Avenue and on the opposite, a nice looking headhouse. I like the wavy awning/canopy above the doors. And next to this is the (M) on Myrtle Avenue.

This building fills the block between Myrtle and Gates Avenue and at Gates and Wyckoff you can see the (M) on Myrtle by also looking down Gates. Pretty neat. :cool:

Archived