PATH photo permits

lilbluefoxie

PATH's photo permit system is really elusive. If you ask to speak to a manager, they will know what you are talking about and tell you to visit the permit administrator at PATU headquarters. The problem is, they don't tell you which floor/room of the building, and the security guards will stop you from entering.

There used to be a SubChat thread on the whole crazy permit process, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

What I remember is that when you finally do get the permit, they put these rules in place:

No infrastructure photos

All photos must contain a station exit

PATH's photo permit system is really elusive. If you ask to speak to a manager, they will know what you are talking about and tell you to visit the permit administrator at PATU headquarters. The problem is, they don't tell you which floor/room of the building, and the security guards will stop you from entering.

There used to be a SubChat thread on the whole crazy permit process, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

What I remember is that when you finally do get the permit, they put these rules in place:

No infrastructure photos

All photos must contain a station exit

Why must the photos include a station exit? I do not see why that is a requirement for security reasons.

Why must the photos include a station exit? I do not see why that is a requirement for security reasons.

as stated elsewhere, the PA is terrorist paranoid. the reason for an exit is not entirely known, but i would say a good guess is to make sure ur not taking pics of restricted areas. but other than that irdk.

What what PATH have that's worth taking pictures of and let alone worth the hassle of trying to get a photo pass?

I filmed up to the station entrance at WTC and put my camera away and went down.. while the temp station looks nice (does not look very temp to me) I saw nothing worth taking pics of.. but that's just me.

What what PATH have that's worth taking pictures of and let alone worth the hassle of trying to get a photo pass?

I filmed up to the station entrance at WTC and put my camera away and went down.. while the temp station looks nice (does not look very temp to me) I saw nothing worth taking pics of.. but that's just me.

The station is open to the construction, the elements, and is 100% functional only of course it's temporary! Only the platforms & tracks will remain after all is said and done. Did you expect them to prop up a tent with some wooden poles or something? :P

There is a lot worth photographing down there. I get what they want people to do as far as photography, and it makes sense to me. The railfan in me wants to be able to freely photo all over, it's a VERY interesting system, in fact older than the subway, but i gotta respect the reasonable limitations they have in place.

- A

Archived