TOMC and the R1/9's

R32 3838

What Museum equipment do you wish to ride this Holiday season?  

1. 1. What Museum equipment do you wish to ride this Holiday season?

• R1/9's
    • Low V's
    • TOMC R12,14,15,17,33ML
    • Redbirds R36WF

They won't be coming out for a trip again (if they do, me and alot of other people will be very surprised). From what I have heard, the TA was very reluctant to bring them out for trips back in 2004.

They were out this yr..

How long can they be running tho before they get a glitch? Since they are very old..

You should spend some time reading up on nycsubway.org you would learn a lot.

Ah, you are too slow!

Notice the area where the 3rd rail protection board is painted yellow. I think that was a BMT thing where the 3rd rail dipped down near switches to reduce gaps. The low area and a metal ramp allowed the shoe which hangs down to rise back on the rail.

Ah, you are too slow!

Notice the area where the 3rd rail protection board is painted yellow. I think that was a BMT thing where the 3rd rail dipped down near switches to reduce gaps. The low area and a metal ramp allowed the shoe which hangs down to rise back on the rail.

What's Mr. IND guy doing with all this BMT/BRT knowledge :)

Well, just keeping an eye on the competition.

LOL. I want you to draft a study on that mister :)

To the original person who suggested the gate cars run I can assure you that while that would be awesome it wont be happening anytime in the near future since those cars last ran in 2004.

Not to mention, the gate cars are wooden and they will not allow people to ride in those cars while underground which means they have to run above ground. If they have to run above ground, they are not going to use them for a Christmas run because that means they can't run in Manhattan anywhere really (and that's part of the draw...the random holiday shoppers that unexpectedly get a treat and get to ride an old train), and if they run them out of Manhattan people are going to be freezing their asses off on the train, so that wouldnt' work.

The only segment the BU's can run on is the Astoria express track. Like on Oct 28 and 29th it ran only from that station, just stopping before going to QBP.

Well that and most of the Brighton Line since it is out side.

That's true, except now it's under construction and you don't have the luxury of having it run exclusively on the express tracks.

I wonder if they could run it on the Franklin S or Rockaway Park S?

They can't run it on the Franklin Shuttle, you don't want a repeat of Malbone Street. As for out on the Rock, I guess they could but it would have to be in the summer months since even now, everyone would freeze to death out there.

If they do run redbirds the cars that would possibly run are these:

R26: 7774-7775

R28: 7924-7925

R29: 8678-8679

R33: 8950-8951

R36: 9582-9583

R36WF: 9400-9401, 9582-9587

These are just a few so far.

From what I see on the nycsubway.org there maybe enough for four train sets. Two that will run on the (7) line and two that will run on the (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6) lines. For that to happen there has to be a total of 42 cars.

The R36ML is 9542/43

If they do run redbirds the cars that would possibly run are these:

R26: 7774-7775

R28: 7924-7925

R29: 8678-8679

R33: 8950-8951

R36: 9582-9583

R36WF: 9400-9401, 9582-9587

These are just a few so far.

From what I see on the nycsubway.org there maybe enough for four train sets. Two that will run on the (7) line and two that will run on the (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6) lines. For that to happen there has to be a total of 42 cars.

I don't think they are museum cars.

Archived