Question about 2 stickers in a subway car

mark1447

I notice on the side of the car, inside, there is these 2 black stickers thats small and its a square. One a Star and the other a Triangle.

What does those sticker means? If anyone knows what I'm talking about..

Ive seen them on all NTT cars. Forgot if they are in all fleet including OTTs.

I notice on the side of the car, inside, there is these 2 black stickers thats small and its a square. One a Star and the other a Triangle.

What does those sticker means? If anyone knows what I'm talking about..

Ive seen them on all NTT cars. Forgot if they are in all fleet including OTTs.

The mark the location of the BCO, PBCO, and SBCO. If you look under the seat you will find a metal box and inside of which the cut outs are located.

Holy moly so thats what those stickers mean all this time I thought some one was putting them there.

Yep, you pull those and you cut out the brakes for that car. This is what you do when you move a car or train with brake problems.

The mark the location of the BCO, PBCO, and SBCO. If you look under the seat you will find a metal box and inside of which the cut outs are located.

Wait to shut down the train breaks? Sry just confused a bit. thx of course..

Wait to shut down the train breaks? Sry just confused a bit. thx of course..

Yes, if you pull a BCO (brake cut out) that car will not have brakes. This is done when there is a mechanical malfunction and the brakes won't release.

Yes, if you pull a BCO (brake cut out) that car will not have brakes. This is done when there is a mechanical malfunction and the brakes won't release.

Oh ok. Im guessing pulling the Emergency Break cord is the same too?

So the BCO is like bleeding the brakes?

No, unlike in the movie "Money Train" if the brakes go under a certain pressure, they going into emergency. Cutting out the brakes means that the brakes on that car are not connected to the brake system. Any explanation I give will be very very basic. In a few days Subwayguy can give a really go explanation.

Heh...I'd rather not get into the specifics of it since it's not something that really should be posted in public. Basically a BCO cuts out the brakes on that car, that's all you really need to know.

PBCO = Parking Brake Cutout...cuts out the parking brake on a particular car, only on new techs.

And yes if you've seen money train it's the equivalent of when they "bleed the breaks" in the movie even though that doesn't exist in real life. But that's all your going to get out of me on a forum ;)

Heh...I'd rather not get into the specifics of it since it's not something that really should be posted in public. Basically a BCO cuts out the brakes on that car, that's all you really need to know.

PBCO = Parking Brake Cutout...cuts out the parking brake on a particular car, only on new techs.

And yes if you've seen money train it's the equivalent of when they "bleed the breaks" in the movie even though that doesn't exist in real life. But that's all your going to get out of me on a forum ;)

LOL I appriciate the info.

What do you mean by parking? :confused: You mean, when the train is not running the car will stay put?

and whats SBCO btw?

Sry just to add. If the brakes wont release, and lets say the train is running that means it will not stop or your saying if the train is already stopped it won't move.. Just trying to get it right. Thanks!

What do you mean by parking? :confused: You mean, when the train is not running the car will stay put?

When the train is laid up at night a parking brake is the new tech version of a hand brake = keeps the train from rolling away in the yard. Parking brake applies automatically on new techs. However if it doesn't release when you want it to then you cut it out

and whats SBCO btw?

Service

Brake

Cut

Out

When the train is laid up at night a parking brake is the new tech version of a hand brake = keeps the train from rolling away in the yard. Parking brake applies automatically on new techs. However if it doesn't release when you want it to then you cut it out

Service

Brake

Cut

Out

Oh ok. So when it gets cut out you can restore it? More like a lever?

Just trying to get it right. Thanks!

What SubwayGuy said about the Parking Brakes is true, but they only apply if the air compressors stop working, and the brake pipe air goes under a certain pressure..........

I wish the R62/62A's had these. Putting on all handbrakes at 137yard is bulls%!t..............

I wish the R62/62A's had these. Putting on all handbrakes at 137yard is bulls%!t..............

Heh...at least it's not like the Arnine "nutcracker" handbrakes. Releasing those could lead one down the road to infertility if they weren't careful :)

Archived