RTSing the Q44!

Qns Blvd Dom

Nice find & catch Dom!

And as for the Q44, I don't see what's so great about it besides that it goes between two boroughs, I dislike the neighborhoods it goes through (in Queens at least) except Jamaica and Briarwood, it's crowded a lot of the time, and runs my least favorite bus models. I really hate where it runs; (whatever neighborhood is from Union Turnpike to around Horace Harding), Flushing, and Whitestone are my least favorite areas in the borough besides Bayside & College Point. What makes it even more sour for me is that I took the 44 the last time I ever saw my grandmother @ Flushing hospital the day before she died. It was a shitty OG Orion 7 ride down Main Street from Jamaica to Booth Memorial, I was standing the whole time and felt every small bump in the road amplified.

What a sad experience on that route,but I have to disagree about the Orions being shitty.:mad:

RTS's are great buses ,(N)ova's pref

these buses when turning have no (H)ang and that's important to B/O

(J)amaica had em so long that some might miss em .

Orions have A bad (H)ang when turning and if not caught in time can clip something or someone .

RTS's have A take-off that just <R>oars ,in my opinion RTS's are great buses to bad we only have (1)(2)(7)(5)(K)<R>

There's only 1,275 left? That's awfully low, does this amount include MTA Bus?

I agree that the Q44 is a beast, its like a permanent subway bus substitution (is that what its called?) for the most crowded subway line.

It's a good thing we have the Q44 in the first place... I'm glad it runs 24/7 because one time I had gotten home really late (2:40 AM!!) and one pulled up on Archer Av. on the way back to Flushing. Bad thing is it was a low floor, and yes it did suck when the driver was pushing 50 on Main Street and hitting bumps... Owww

i have seen three or four straight q44s during the afternoon on weekdays full of school children and i think those runs come from the high by queens college as for the q44 running 24/7 best ride from west farms to jamaica at night on a good night the whole route can be done in 40 minutes i have taken plenty night at 400am in the morning better than a cab

Why is this the devil bus?

It's the Devil's bus because it is sheer hell to ride, and for the B/O's I'm sure, sheer hell to operate.

Before purchasing a car, I used to get on that bus at 5:40 in the morning in order to go to the Bronx for work. I'm getting on in Briarwood and can't get a seat for nothing, often having to wait until Roosevelt Ave in order to sit down. So, one time I decided to leave early and hop on the bus at 4:30 am. I'll have a seat, get to work early, have breakfast, and slowly start my day right. Guess what? The damn bus was so crowded at 4:30 am with illegals that I could barely get past the driver's white line. Unbelievable.

Going back home is no bargain either. If you're heading home for work on a weekday, and not necessarily at rush hour, and you are not onboard the bus by the route's second stop at West Farms Square, then you have no hope at finding a seat. Period. Oh, and good luck if the Whitestone Bridge is all backed up. Nothing like standing up through a traffic jam!

And a route which is always crowded and susceptible to traffic jams on the bridge, thus out of whack schedules, is always hard on the driver. Go through a two hour run with crowds onboard only to get, maybe, a ten minute break before heading back? That line has got to be a "no lunch" magnet. Oh, and you can tell when a line is a junior-seniority line when 90% of the line's drivers all look like they're barely out of their 20's. Young faces = hard work. There's a reason why all the drivers on the 44 are young, yet the drivers on the Q20A/B look like they could have retired five years ago.

The Q44 is the main reason why I own a car today. The only, and I mean only, way I would take the Q44 again is if I had to work in Parkchester and I parked my car at 14th Ave in Whitestone in order to save the $11 in tolls. Maybe, I don't know. I might pay the $11 anyway.

Because there is no way a Q44 didn't come for almost an hour and you didn't ride a "express" The dispatcher most likely to the operator to load and deadhead to Union Tpke

I said 45 minutes to an hour (it was probably closer to 45-50 min, I know it was cold outside and that probably made it seem like over an hour), I don't know what was going on that day, I was very late as well as mostly every other person that goes to my school. I nicknamed it "express" because it went straight from Merrick Boulevard to Union Turnpike, I know its not the X44 or QBx44.

Well I never thought this topic would be so hot!

RTS's are great buses ,(N)ova's pref

these buses when turning have no (H)ang and that's important to B/O

(J)amaica had em so long that some might miss em .

Orions have A bad (H)ang when turning and if not caught in time can clip something or someone .

RTS's have A take-off that just <R>oars ,in my opinion RTS's are great buses to bad we only have (1)(2)(7)(5)(K)<R>

RTS's are my favorite buses out there! Yea I heard about the O5's having a pretty nasty overhang! However I heard that the O7's don't really have much of a overhang!

Nice find & catch Dom!

And as for the Q44, I don't see what's so great about it besides that it goes between two boroughs, I dislike the neighborhoods it goes through (in Queens at least) except Jamaica and Briarwood, it's crowded a lot of the time, and runs my least favorite bus models. I really hate where it runs; (whatever neighborhood is from Union Turnpike to around Horace Harding), Flushing, and Whitestone are my least favorite areas in the borough besides Bayside & College Point. What makes it even more sour for me is that I took the 44 the last time I ever saw my grandmother @ Flushing hospital the day before she died. It was a shitty OG Orion 7 ride down Main Street from Jamaica to Booth Memorial, I was standing the whole time and felt every small bump in the road amplified.

Thanks Chris!

The area between Union to LIE is Kew Gardens Hills & that is where I live! It's a nice area just a bit boring for my tastes! I am planning on moving out of that area within the next few years! The O7 NG's have been holding up pretty well on the Q44! The OG's OTOH, it's all right!

Sorry to hear about that with your grandma.

There's only 1,275 left? That's awfully low, does this amount include MTA Bus?

I agree that the Q44 is a beast, its like a permanent subway bus substitution (is that what its called?) for the most crowded subway line.

I agree! The Q44 for me is not so bad as I can get on not too bad normally. It's better then the Q46 in the afternoon where it it's packed to the point that it would bypass my stop(Union & 153rd KG Bound). I just take the Q74 instead

It's a good thing we have the Q44 in the first place... I'm glad it runs 24/7 because one time I had gotten home really late (2:40 AM!!) and one pulled up on Archer Av. on the way back to Flushing. Bad thing is it was a low floor, and yes it did suck when the driver was pushing 50 on Main Street and hitting bumps... Owww

That is pretty much the silver lining with the Q44 is the service! The Q44 has some great headways, even @ night combined with the Q20!

i have seen three or four straight q44s during the afternoon on weekdays full of school children and i think those runs come from the high by queens college as for the q44 running 24/7 best ride from west farms to jamaica at night on a good night the whole route can be done in 40 minutes i have taken plenty night at 400am in the morning better than a cab

Yea normally late @ night it's very quick! I sometimes take the Q44 overnight & I get B/O's that will get me from Main/Queens to Main/75th in about less then 4 mins!

Because there is no way a Q44 didn't come for almost an hour and you didn't ride a "express" The dispatcher most likely to the operator to load and deadhead to Union Tpke

Yea more then likely that was the case!

It's the Devil's bus because it is sheer hell to ride, and for the B/O's I'm sure, sheer hell to operate.

Before purchasing a car, I used to get on that bus at 5:40 in the morning in order to go to the Bronx for work. I'm getting on in Briarwood and can't get a seat for nothing, often having to wait until Roosevelt Ave in order to sit down. So, one time I decided to leave early and hop on the bus at 4:30 am. I'll have a seat, get to work early, have breakfast, and slowly start my day right. Guess what? The damn bus was so crowded at 4:30 am with illegals that I could barely get past the driver's white line. Unbelievable.

Going back home is no bargain either. If you're heading home for work on a weekday, and not necessarily at rush hour, and you are not onboard the bus by the route's second stop at West Farms Square, then you have no hope at finding a seat. Period. Oh, and good luck if the Whitestone Bridge is all backed up. Nothing like standing up through a traffic jam!

And a route which is always crowded and susceptible to traffic jams on the bridge, thus out of whack schedules, is always hard on the driver. Go through a two hour run with crowds onboard only to get, maybe, a ten minute break before heading back? That line has got to be a "no lunch" magnet. Oh, and you can tell when a line is a junior-seniority line when 90% of the line's drivers all look like they're barely out of their 20's. Young faces = hard work. There's a reason why all the drivers on the 44 are young, yet the drivers on the Q20A/B look like they could have retired five years ago.

The Q44 is the main reason why I own a car today. The only, and I mean only, way I would take the Q44 again is if I had to work in Parkchester and I parked my car at 14th Ave in Whitestone in order to save the $11 in tolls. Maybe, I don't know. I might pay the $11 anyway.

The Q44 is the bus of the devil. I loathe riding that bus.

WOW U sure don't like that bus 1 bit! The Q44 is pretty much busy @ all hours! Well I can tell U that riding the Q44 around 1-4 AM will have a somewhat of a chance for a seat & go's a bit faster as despite it is being a local, hardy anybody gets on & off Main St once it leaves Jamaica! It sounds like to me U live down the road from me! For all I know, I could of have ran into U! IT sure is a small world!

Archived