RTSing the Q44!

Qns Blvd Dom

I remember in the early 90s they use to run GMC RTS at one time :)

Back in the 90's, the Q44 was a split depot route between CS and JAM. Also CS had GM RTS's as well!

the pic that you are showing us is jamaica depot 1996 - 1998 RTS

nova bus are running on the (Q)(4)(4) line. so that considertaion ,

casey stengal depot might give up Q44 route and give that

route jamaica depot. so jamaica depot will control Q44 route

It is just some school trippers that JAM does doing the Early PM Rush Hour from a few high schools!

Great shots, at what time did you take those at.

Thanks! It was around the early 4 hour!

Good Catch, I used to take this everyday, now I get out at 11:30 AM :).

I've seen JAM occasionally do the Q20/44 in the morning as well.

I remember JAM did a "Q44 Express" one morning when no buses were coming (I stood at the bus stop for like 45 min to an hour during the morning rush hour), I got on at Merrick and it skipped every stop until we got to Union Turnpike, the crowds at the other stops were so huge that people had to stand in the street, CS drop the ball that day.

Hmmm... I never did see the RTS on the Q44 when I was at Flushing High... Maybe it wasn't that busy then..

And hey look, 4910!

From what I found out, there's no Q44 trippers from Flushing HS so that is why U never saw it!

I remember JAM did a "Q44 Express" one morning when no buses were coming (I stood at the bus stop for like 45 min to an hour during the morning rush hour), I got on at Merrick and it skipped every stop until we got to Union Turnpike, the crowds at the other stops were so huge that people had to stand in the street, CS drop the ball that day.

Thanks! B)

WOW that was 1 hell of a bad day there!

Yup cause you know it all!

the pic that you are showing us is jamaica depot 1996 - 1998 RTS

nova bus are running on the (Q)(4)(4) line. so that considertaion ,

casey stengal depot might give up Q44 route and give that

route jamaica depot. so jamaica depot will control Q44 route

No, Jamaica is not getting the Q44, it's still run by Casey Stengal. Jamaica is supplies their buses to the Q44 when there is a gap in service or a school tripper.

And I am sure that the B/O's who work the Q44(The Beast) feel the same way. I bet they will be celebrating at CS if it goes to Jamaica Depot.

RTS's are great buses ,(N)ova's pref

these buses when turning have no (H)ang and that's important to B/O

(J)amaica had em so long that some might miss em .

Orions have A bad (H)ang when turning and if not caught in time can clip something or someone .

RTS's have A take-off that just <R>oars ,in my opinion RTS's are great buses to bad we only have (1)(2)(7)(5)(K)<R>

Nice find & catch Dom!

And as for the Q44, I don't see what's so great about it besides that it goes between two boroughs, I dislike the neighborhoods it goes through (in Queens at least) except Jamaica and Briarwood, it's crowded a lot of the time, and runs my least favorite bus models. I really hate where it runs; (whatever neighborhood is from Union Turnpike to around Horace Harding), Flushing, and Whitestone are my least favorite areas in the borough besides Bayside & College Point. What makes it even more sour for me is that I took the 44 the last time I ever saw my grandmother @ Flushing hospital the day before she died. It was a shitty OG Orion 7 ride down Main Street from Jamaica to Booth Memorial, I was standing the whole time and felt every small bump in the road amplified.

Archived