Brand New Orion VII NG on the Q33

Bracamonte

Today, I was on the an Orion VII NG on the Q33. However, I saw that this Orion VII NG was completely different from the other Orion VII NG's. The signs about priority seating on the seats were yellow instead of red. There is like an automated voice near the rear doors. One I heard was "please step away from the doors". When the rear doors closed, it then said "door's closing". I don't remember the exact number of the bus but I know it was in the 4400's

Today, I was on the an Orion VII NG on the Q33. However, I saw that this Orion VII NG was completely different from the other Orion VII NG's. The signs about priority seating on the seats were yellow instead of red. There is like an automated voice near the rear doors. One I heard was "please step away from the doors". When the rear doors closed, it then said "door's closing". I don't remember the exact number of the bus but I know it was in the 4400's

I was on Orion VII NG 4445 on Q3 yesterday, priority seating sign on the seat was yellow on that too.

These rear-door announcements started on NGs from 4245. There are four rear-door announcements:

1: Touch yellow tape to open doors.

2: Doors opening.

3: Doors closing.

4: Please move away from the doors. (If this was Long Island Bus, it would be "Please do not stand in the rear door area")

The 20 NG's that have been operating out of LGA for the past few months are numbered 4020-4039. The new NG's will replace the remaining 11-12 1990 TMC RTS' (8000-8300's), and should replace the 1993-1994 RTS' (7100's, 9700's) from LGA. A few 1993 8400's and 8500's may be retired as well.

I got that one one Kingsbridge Depot today on (A)(S) Broadway #4348 that also said, "Touch the yellow tape to open the door."

Archived