More E & F problems...

NYCTrainFan95

Due to ongoing switch problems at the Lower East Side-2nd Avenue Station:

There is no (E) train service between the 34th Street-Herald Square Station to the Lower East Side-2nd Avenue Stationin both directions.

There is no (F) train service between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Stationto the Jay Street-Borough Hall Stationin both directions.

Please expect delays in service on (E) and (F) trains at this time.

There is no (E) train service between the 34th Street-Herald Square Station to the Lower East Side-2nd Avenue Stationin both directions.

There is no (F) train service between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Stationto the Jay Street-Borough Hall Stationin both directions.

I don't get it. Reroute the (F) via (A) in whichever direction is affected.:confused:

Just curious, how do they turn at W4? Judging by track maps, the best thing to do would be to switch to exp at W4, terminate at Bway-Laff Brooklyn-bound exp track, use the switch west of there to switch to Manhattan-bound exp, then switch back to local after W4.

Instead of all that, Reroute via the (A) in the affected direction;)

this weekend 179st (F) trains are only running to jay street anyway so i guess with the switch problems they have just shorten the route to west 4th street and you transfer for the (A) downstairs to go to jay street instead over creating more congestion of having the (F) go over the (A) track to jay st

this weekend 179st (F) trains are only running to jay street anyway so i guess with the switch problems they have just shorten the route to west 4th street and you transfer for the (A) downstairs to go to jay street instead over creating more congestion of having the (F) go over the (A) track to jay st

You're wrong! The (F) relays using the diamond crossover track by York Street.

You're wrong! The (F) relays using the diamond crossover track by York Street.

excuse me sir how in the hell is any train crossing over at york street if there is a signal problem at 2nd ave read the post first thank you reading is fundamental

The (F) was really bad this weekend. The past weekends where the (F) stopped at Jay St. weren't as bad as this weekend. They even had the (F) stopping at the Queens Express track, which stalled (A) service as well. Hopefully the signal, or whichever, problems were going on at 2 Ave. are fixed.

What made it even worse is that the motorman of the (F) that I was on, stayed on the (A) line through W 4 St, and ended up at 14 St & 8 Ave. Idk what happened after that cuz i got off there.

2nd ave again??

I remember that time over the summer the disaster during the AM rush oh god..

Uh oh. A switch machine locked up :P

Archived