A transit cop looking for a new plain clothes look...

copgtp

Hello everyone! I'm a newb on this website but I was hoping someone would be able to help me out.

***Edited***

Thanks to everyone who was helpful in this thread, you guys gave me some great idea and I will surely use them in the future!

Dear Mr. Alex L. Train Service Supervisor guy,

No one is looking to get anyone jammed up here bud. I was just a guy looking to get some help. People in supervisory positions seem to forget that the "CO" isn't some cat you go up and talk to on a daily basis. And to furthermore asking him to meet with senior transit officials to get consent for some of us plain clothes guys to wear MTA patches.....is quite ridiculous. It's been done since the beginning of time, and will continue to be done. We're their to make things better for MTA personnel. Referring me to my CO isn't what I was looking for.

Again, thanks a lot everyone!! And next time I smile and wave at ya when you're pulling out of the station, try to give one back! :P Oh, and stop closing the doors on me!! ;) I know about your little games conductor boys!!!!

Signing out:

Your pal in blue.

Well, I should have figured I would get this type of response....

You sure that type of thing would fly with your sgt? Not trying to break balls or anything, but there are some dicks out there.

Actually it might. A few years ago I talked with a TB officer who was dressed as a TA worker. He had that navy blue jacket T/Os and C/Rs wear with a safety vest on, TA flashlight, keys and a radio. Then he said this was his stop and took out his shield.

As for copgtp, I would take to TA workers like station cleaners. All you need for that are navy blue pants like Dickies, a navy blue polo with and MTA patch, and MTA hat, and a safety vest. You might be able to get the MTA hat and patches at this station on the (6) line, I think it's Eastchester. There are some guys that sell MTA hats there and they will ask to see your pass (MTA ID card) and they might sell you a hat. I don't know what your unit is (vandal squad, pick pocket, Impact, or anti crime) but going as a station cleaner is perfect since no one notices them. I have seen kids catch tags and hop turn styles right in from of them.

Actually it might. A few years ago I talked with a TB officer who was dressed as a TA worker. He had that navy blue jacket T/Os and C/Rs wear with a safety vest on, TA flashlight, keys and a radio. Then he said this was his stop and took out his shield.

As for copgtp, I would take to TA workers like station cleaners. All you need for that are navy blue pants like Dickies, a navy blue polo with and MTA patch, and MTA hat, and a safety vest. You might be able to get the MTA hat and patches at this station on the (6) line, I think it's Eastchester. There are some guys that sell MTA hats there and they will ask to see your pass (MTA ID card) and they might sell you a hat. I don't know what your unit is (vandal squad, pick pocket, Impact, or anti crime) but going as a station cleaner is perfect since no one notices them. I have seen kids catch tags and hop turn styles right in from of them.

Eastchester on the (6)? whaaaaat??? Haha look at you trying to show knowledge of the IRT now ;)

Parkchester, friend...

Most Of The Cops Workin The Trains Disgust Me

I Got A $75 Ticket 2 Weeks Before X Mas For Walking Between Cars To Get A Seat

Mind U Ive Never Had An Issue With The Law In My Life, No Arrests, No Tickets, Nothing, Just On My Way To Work Wanting A Seat

I Know U Guys Wanna Meet Your Quota But Stalling A Train At A Stop With One Door Open On A Packed Subway Car Is Somewhat Like Entrapment To Me

The Thing That Kills Me The Most Is That They Would DARE Do This In The City Amoung People Who Could Pay The Ticket With No Problem, They Do It To Lower Income Folks On Some Random Ass Stop In The Bronx

I Know All Of You Arent Pricks But People Like That Are Similar To Small Time Criminals

Mind U Ive Never Had An Issue With The Law In My Life, No Arrests, No Tickets, Nothing, Just On My Way To Work Wanting A Seat

I Know U Guys Wanna Meet Your Quota But Stalling A Train At A Stop With One Door Open On A Packed Subway Car Is Somewhat Like Entrapment To Me

The Thing That Kills Me The Most Is That They Would DARE Do This In The City Amoung People Who Could Pay The Ticket With No Problem, They Do It To Lower Income Folks On Some Random Ass Stop In The Bronx

I Know All Of You Arent Pricks But People Like That Are Similar To Small Time Criminals

Wrong thread, kid. Oh, and quit being a perp.

Well it's illegal to ride or move between the cars. It's stickered right on the door if you bothered to read it. They also make the automatic announcements pretty often as well. Next time you should wait til the train stops and walk to the next car. Your complaints are so typical of what I see everyday. People Beat the fare and get upset when the cop walks out of the room and gives them a ticket. You got caught doing something wrong. Suck it up and pay the summons. And I understand you're upset, but the law is the law. Where all adults here and we can't make excuses when we do something wrong, The police officer did his job by giving you a summons for walking between the cars and you did your job by paying the summons while learning the lesson that it's illegal to walk between the cars. It may seem petty to you but walking between the cars is more dangerous than you can imagine. I have seen people almost fall to there death while doing it.

Number 1) Walking in between subway cars is ILLEGAL. Do it at your own risk.

2) Not all cops are bad. I've talked to some really nice cops before.

3) Please stop capitalizing every first letter of every word. It's pretty annoying.

4) I'm sure that if YOU were a cop, you would do the same thing. Quotas, man, Quotas.

copgtp: Everyone who said "dress as a station cleaner" is right. They hardly ever get noticed :P

And to reply to the OP, you can use some TA stuff. I used to work 116th street Columbia U and these cops outta TD 3 used to wear the safety vest and flash lights to look like TA employees. I have no idea how they obtained them but they had them. But I know they do sell TA hats and stuff at the Parkchester station. And I also heard across from the Zerega Avenue depot there is a guy who sells TA stuff as well. But if you want a vest talk to some cleaners on the subway stations and see if they have any extra old safety vests.

Hello everyone! I'm a newb on this website but I was hoping someone would be able to help me out.

I'm a transit cop out of the Bronx. My unit works in plain clothes quite often, and some MTA uniform clothing would be PERFECT for my cover. You see, being the typical white male police officer, it's tough to not get "made" on the trains most of the time.

If anyone is willing to help me it would be greatly appreciated!! My usual shirt size is an XL, Pants are 38 x 32 . Of course I would be more than happy to share my credentials with anyone who would help me out, so you could rest assure I am who I say I am.

Hoping to get some feedback!

Jay:cool:

Suggestion: Have your CO talk to a senior Transit official to get this approved first. Any hourly Transit employee selling/giving non-employees official uniforms runs the risk of serious repercussions from Transit.

Archived