Service Alert / AM Rush / Wash Hts-Concourse

Brighton Local

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:12/21/2007 8:29:43&nbspAM

Due to an ongoing police investigation at the 182nd-183rd Street Station:

There is no (:D train service in both directions between the 145th Street Station and the Bedford Park Boulevard Station. Selected (:) trains are running on the (C) line between the 145th Street Station and the 168th Street Station.

There is no (D) train service in both directions between the 145th Street Station and the Bedford Park Boulevard Station.

Bypassed Stations: Norwood-205th Street, Bedford Park Boulevard, Kingsbridge Road, Fordham Road, 182nd-183rd, Tremont Avenue, 174th-175th Street, 170th Street, 167th Street, 161st Street-Yankee Stadium and 155th Street.

As an alternate, customers are advised to take the Bx10, Bx16, Bx28, and Bx30 buses to the nearby (4) line along Jerome Avenue.

There is also shuttle train service between the Bedford Park Boulevard Station and the Norwood-205th Street Station.

For the 155th Street Station, customers are advised to use the nearby (C) trains.

Please expect delays in service on the (A), (B), (C) and (D) trains at this time.

What happened was the Bx19 (as usual when this happens) got bombarded with extra "lost" customers. I became B.O., Station Agent and C.R. this morning. "How do I get here, how do I get there" they cried. I just told them to take my bus to the Grand Concourse and get the 4 train, which parallels the D train. I told those who were going to 205th, to take the 4 train to BPK, and get the Bx10 there. Some on the bus were saying it was a person, who at this glorious time of the year, decided to take the Leap of Fate.

They did move up the Bx19 buses 3 minutes N/B, and even had a dispatcher at St. Nicholas, to keep it moving.

RTOMan, Dave, and Robert owe me lunch for doing their work.

I was waiting for the 6:30am D train on the Bedford Park Blvd Station this morning and an annoucement came over saying due a passenger problem there will be no service. Luckily a southbound B train was in the station at the time and took us local to M:confused:anhattan. Does anyone know exactly what happened to this passenger.

Scancat

Yeah Ok DOB sure no problem but your only going to get one Hamberger from White Castle.:D

Yeah people jumping and T/O's going downtown and service jacked up all part of the Holiday season.

As for service changes they be out of their minds to send (D) service to Dyckman or 207 St because (A) service runs hot and heavy Uptown between 8am and 10AM with some trains discharging at Dyckman to be a Lay Up to 207 YD. The (D) service can easly be turned at 145 St Lower Level on the Middle track or Turned at 125 St in the Spur for Southbound service.

I was waiting for the 6:30am D train on the Bedford Park Blvd Station this morning and an annoucement came over saying due a passenger problem there will be no service. Luckily a southbound B train was in the station at the time and took us local to M:confused:anhattan. Does anyone know exactly what happened to this passenger.

Scancat

Don't know what happen to the customer but you are one lucky person to have made it to Manhattan before all service was cut.

Yeah Ok DOB sure no problem but your only going to get one Hamberger from White Castle.:D

The (D) service can easly be turned at 145 St Lower Level on the Middle track or Turned at 125 St in the Spur for Southbound service.

I think they love to choose 145st, due to the customers having an easier time to get the Bx19 to the Concourse lines.

As for that White Castle burger, you trying to have me call out sick huh, lol. I really don't want to sit on the toilet at 145st B'way subway station, even though the seat is possibly hot, as the bathroom temperature is set to HELL.

Last, just call me D. Kool Moe Dee.

that picked a swell time to pull this crap. couldn't wait until after the new year.

The depression of being hated and lonely goes away by then, as the alcohol drained it away, along with the resolution of to not be lonely and hated. Right now as it gets closer to the holidays, people really start realizing what losers they think they are (and some are true losers), as they see and hear others around them talking about seeing family etc....This will die down soon (20 years from now I say), as too many people are seeing Christmas as just another day.

What happened was the Bx19 (as usual when this happens) got bombarded with extra "lost" customers. I became B.O., Station Agent and C.R. this morning. "How do I get here, how do I get there" they cried. I just told them to take my bus to the Grand Concourse and get the 4 train, which parallels the D train. I told those who were going to 205th, to take the 4 train to BPK, and get the Bx10 there. Some on the bus were saying it was a person, who at this glorious time of the year, decided to take the Leap of Fate.

They did move up the Bx19 buses 3 minutes N/B, and even had a dispatcher at St. Nicholas, to keep it moving.

RTOMan, Dave, and Robert owe me lunch for doing their work.

I had to wait 25 minutes for the Bx19 at 167th/Southern yesterday afternoon (around 4:30 p.m.). I'm wondering if this was the reason why.

I had to wait 25 minutes for the Bx19 at 167th/Southern yesterday afternoon (around 4:30 p.m.). I'm wondering if this was the reason why.

This incident was today, and the service was restored, at about 9:30a.m.. We get the messages in the buses when the trains go down, as they tell us to be prepared for extra ridership, and to try to accommodate them. At about (:30 they said attention all operators, subway service has been restored.

This incident was today, and the service was restored, at about 9:30a.m.. We get the messages in the buses when the trains go down, as they tell us to be prepared for extra ridership, and to try to accommodate them. At about (:30 they said attention all operators, subway service has been restored.

Oh, okay. Then it must have been something else that happened on Thursday.

Archived