239th street Question

trainfan22

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you ask that, I really don't know much about different models but a I asked a fellow track worker who's a big time buff about the train just sitting there neglected and he gave me a brief history on it.

It's still in decent condition but the interior was really dusty, I was in it this early winter to keep warm.

I really wasn't impressed with the interior, I'll try to take some photos of it now that I see some interest in my photos.

Please do. Hey, is there any way I can get in the yard or even inside? Probably not, but if there's a way tell me. PS can I lend you my camera next time I'll be there if you're working?

LOL, sure you can come in....just join the MTA. ;)\

I'll bring my good camera more often, a few of these pics were taken by camera phone.

I'll take plenty of pics at 239st.

Some great photos there thanks very much for posting!

This is my favorite out of all of them. People know in here that I like photos of track work and complex switches.

jul220001ir3.jpg

From what I understand they call that the loop or turnaround track, in case they have to turn the train around they take that track.

Someone told me that the nearest place for a turnaround is somewhere in Manhantten.

I'm just a rookie learning. ;)

very cool pics of the yard. can you explain a little about what happened with the derailment?

We were transporting panels on the worktrain so we normally have 2 guys in the front and 2 in the rear of the train to make sure we have clearance.

Well as we were on a bend one of the White hats heard a funny noise and when he looks down the rail was 6 inches of the ground.

They stopped the worktrain in time and avoided further damage.

They seperated the trains with each going in oppostie directions very slowly.

R1Toasty, this may be a picture of that train. It was a while ago so I'm not sure.

That's the R110A for sure. R142s are different, I've got some cab pictures of them. Thanks a bunch, keep 'em coming :)

Does working for the MTA in the future count? And in that case, can a CR or TO take a peek? Or can I just pay someone off?;)

That's the R110A for sure. R142s are different, I've got some cab pictures of them. Thanks a bunch, keep 'em coming :)

Does working for the MTA in the future count? And in that case, can a CR or TO take a peek? Or can I just pay someone off?;)

TO as in train operator?

Archived