Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trainfan22

239th street Question

can you take pics of this yard from the street because when i go railfanning next week on the 2 line i wanted to get pics of the R110a and i was wondering if you can take pics of that train from the street.

im not shore yet ethier wed thu or fri maybe i will see you railfanning on the B or Q lines since those are my home lines.

Thursday I'll be out RFing... maybe I'll see you. You might get a picture of me pressed up against the front of a slant with my camcorder B)

Great pics my favorite is the first one in the rain and that last one with all the R142 resting so am guessing you see the R110a daily do you know what kind of shape is it in.

Funny you ask that, I really don't know much about different models but a I asked a fellow track worker who's a big time buff about the train just sitting there neglected and he gave me a brief history on it.

It's still in decent condition but the interior was really dusty, I was in it this early winter to keep warm.

I really wasn't impressed with the interior, I'll try to take some photos of it now that I see some interest in my photos.

Please do. Hey, is there any way I can get in the yard or even inside? Probably not, but if there's a way tell me. PS can I lend you my camera next time I'll be there if you're working?

Some great photos there thanks very much for posting!

This is my favorite out of all of them. People know in here that I like photos of track work and complex switches.

jul220001ir3.jpg

Please do. Hey, is there any way I can get in the yard or even inside? Probably not, but if there's a way tell me. PS can I lend you my camera next time I'll be there if you're working?

LOL, sure you can come in....just join the MTA. ;)\

I'll bring my good camera more often, a few of these pics were taken by camera phone.

I'll take plenty of pics at 239st.

Some great photos there thanks very much for posting!

This is my favorite out of all of them. People know in here that I like photos of track work and complex switches.

jul220001ir3.jpg

From what I understand they call that the loop or turnaround track, in case they have to turn the train around they take that track.

Someone told me that the nearest place for a turnaround is somewhere in Manhantten.

I'm just a rookie learning. ;)

very cool pics of the yard. can you explain a little about what happened with the derailment?

We were transporting panels on the worktrain so we normally have 2 guys in the front and 2 in the rear of the train to make sure we have clearance.

Well as we were on a bend one of the White hats heard a funny noise and when he looks down the rail was 6 inches of the ground.

They stopped the worktrain in time and avoided further damage.

They seperated the trains with each going in oppostie directions very slowly.

R1Toasty, this may be a picture of that train. It was a while ago so I'm not sure.

That's the R110A for sure. R142s are different, I've got some cab pictures of them. Thanks a bunch, keep 'em coming :)

Does working for the MTA in the future count? And in that case, can a CR or TO take a peek? Or can I just pay someone off?;)

This old baby now chugs garbage.

It dumps off all of the garbage on the ramp (left) and a garbage truck picks it up.

To your right is the loop track.

oct180001jt4.jpg

That's the R110A for sure. R142s are different, I've got some cab pictures of them. Thanks a bunch, keep 'em coming :)

Does working for the MTA in the future count? And in that case, can a CR or TO take a peek? Or can I just pay someone off?;)

TO as in train operator?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.