239th street Question

trainfan22

From what I understand they call that the loop or turnaround track, in case they have to turn the train around they take that track.

Someone told me that the nearest place for a turnaround is somewhere in Manhantten.

I'm just a rookie learning. ;)

aka City Hall

Please do. Hey, is there any way I can get in the yard or even inside? Probably not, but if there's a way tell me. PS can I lend you my camera next time I'll be there if you're working?

Climb the fence. If you get caught, you could kiss the MTA good-bye though. You won't be hired in the future. Another option is do like they do in the movies. Wait for an employee to walk by, jump out of the bushes, grab them, and drag them in. Knock them out (ether and a rag), put on their uniform, and take their pass. ;)

Climb the fence. If you get caught, you could kiss the MTA good-bye though. You won't be hired in the future. Another option is do like they do in the movies. Wait for an employee to walk by, jump out of the bushes, grab them, and drag them in. Knock them out (ether and a rag), put on their uniform, and take their pass. ;)

I was thinking legally :)

Well its about time they fixed that track coming from the wash...

I was always on pins and needles when i came through with my (5) train lay-up when i washed it.

I could hear that track moan and groan...

It's the track to the left od the wash.

It's been out of service for almost a year.

Most of those tracks are in bad shape.

They had "shop tours" of the Barn at East 180 Street as well as Coney Island..

I forgot which group does it i think Pelham Bay Dave and NorthEastern T/O may know about it..

Transit Museum.

And to Trackworker, thanks for the inside pics, they're really great.

Archived