Woops!

Dan05979

I remember when I was HSES Volunteer Field Trip to Flloyd Bennet Field, when school bus was going westbound on Belt Parkway, there was truck getting ticket by police.

Truck Drivers really need to think ahead.

This reminds me of Chinese bus who broke the rule on FDR Drive at temporality 60th St Entrance Ramp to NB FDR.

I'd say nine times out of ten the driver is alright. In some cases the truck and trailer will be relatively unscathed. I've seen a truck get stuck underneath an LIRR overpass; as the truck approached my father and I just stared thinking "I don't think he's gonna make it..." One loud screeeeeech later and sure as shit, he didn't make it. One way to free the truck is to let the air out of the tires and slowly reverse.

I'd say nine times out of ten the driver is alright. In some cases the truck and trailer will be relatively unscathed. I've seen a truck get stuck underneath an LIRR overpass; as the truck approached my father and I just stared thinking "I don't think he's gonna make it..." One loud screeeeeech later and sure as shit, he didn't make it. One way to free the truck is to let the air out of the tires and slowly reverse.

Yea that driver is a-ok, I know he's mad as hell though. Whenever I have to move an excavator on a lowboy I always check my height and route, if not GAME OVER. Because I dont need that knot in my stomach after I've caused a catastrophe :P

Damn.... I wonder how wedged in that truck must've been to have forced the right side to be lifted off the ground like that?

He must've been speeding as there's no way the truck would've been stuck like that. And I would've like to think he would've at least tried to back up the truck.

If he was going fast the top of the trailer would have torn right off, plus that truck can't back up, look at the tractors rear wheels, there in the air.

my solution:

1, disconnect the trailer from tractor and pull the trailer back and let the tractor drive thru since the roof of the tractor is just fiberglass.Dont pull the tractor and trailer together because those rear axle's will rip right out with all the weight then what? :P

Archived