A Ton

NX Express

Service Alert

Posted on:12/27/2009 3:31:30 PM

Following an earlier incident, (D) and (N) train service has resumed with residual delays.

Due to marine traffic on the Broadway Bridge:

There is no (1) train service between the Marble Hill-225th Street Station and the Van Cortlandt Park-242nd Street Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in (1) train service at this time.

Why not btwn. Dyckman and 242?

Also, due to signal problems at the Dekalb Avenue Station:

Coney Island-bound (N) and (Q) train service is running on the (R) line between the Canal Street Station and the Dekalb Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in (N), (Q) and (R) train service at this time.

The N/B (1), stops at 215st, dumps, discharges, make sure customers are off, go to middle track N of 215st, T/O changes ends, goes back into 215st on S/B side, and goes back south. 251st is a place where (1) trains can be turned. I was 1 of 2 crews who was suppose to do that job yesterday, but it got canceled. So I sat for awhile, then did 1 trip for a T/O, who was late getting to work...........

Well, if it were to run between Dyckman and 242nd - Van Cortlandt, then there is no Marine Traffic, just problems at 191st, 181st or 168th Sts or elsewhere The train runs to 215th St. because that is where the (1) stops before entering the Broadway Bridge (a drawbridge*or like reference*). If it were to run as you said, then it'll be useless to use a Marine Traffic 'Excuse'. A better 'Excuse' will be saying 'Track Work between Dyckman and 168th St.'...

I meant not run btwn. even 215 and 242.

Instead, trains are magically supposed to cross the bridge and terminate at 225.

Archived